夏洛的网 第122期:会议(3)(在线收听

   "Well, we are all here except the rat," said Charlotte. “好,除了老鼠,我们全到齐了,”夏洛说,

  "I guess we can proceed without him. “我想没有它,我们也可以把这个会开起来。
  Now, all of you must have noticed what's been going on around here the last few days. 现在,你们大家一定都注意到了我们这里这几天发生的事。
  The message I wrote in my web, praising Wilbur, has been received. 我在网上赞美威尔伯的字大家看到了。
  The Zuckermans have fallen for it, and so has everybody else. 朱克曼家的人相信了,其他的人也相信了。
  Zuckerman thinks Wilbur is an unusual pig, and therefore he won't want to kill him and eat him. 朱克曼先生认为威尔伯是一只不寻常的猪,因此他不会想要杀它吃它。
  I dare say my trick will work and Wilbur's life can be saved. 我想我的把戏大概会奏效,威尔伯的性命可以保住。”
  "Hurray!" cried everybody. “万岁!”全场欢呼。
  "Thank you very much," said Charlotte. “非常感谢你们,”夏洛说,
  "Now I called this meeting in order to get suggestions. “现在我请大家来开会,是要听听大家的建议。
  I need new ideas for the web. 我要让这个网有新花样。
  People are already getting sick of reading the words 'Some Pig!". 人们一个劲儿地老读着‘王牌猪’这三个字都读厌了。
  If anybody can think of another message, or remark, 如果谁想得出另一句话,
  I'll be glad to weave it into the web. 我很高兴把它织在网上。
  Any suggestions for a new slogan?" 对于这个新横幅,谁有什么建议吗?”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/xldw/411658.html