流行口語 第165課(在线收听

李华请 Larry 到家里来帮她修理堵塞的澡盆.今天李华会学到两个常用语: gross 和 in a pinch。
LL: Oh, Li Hua, look at the hair clogging your drain. How gross!
LH: 我知道是头发把澡盆给堵死了啊.疑?不过, Gross 是什么意思啊?你是说这里有很多头发啊?
LL: No, I'm not referring to the quantity. I mean it is disgusting and sickening!
LH: 原来 gross 在这里是指让人看到难受,令人恶心,不舒服的意思啊.哎哟,堵住下水道的东西当然都是很脏,看见了会让人恶心嘛.不过,上回我在你家看到你的冰箱,那才叫恶心呢!
LL: What do you mean?
LH: 我是说,你冰箱里的食物有的都已经发霉了. That was gross!
LL: I've cleaned out my refrigerator since then, and I don't think it is that gross any more.
LH: 你清理过你的冰箱啦?那过两天我去看看.还有啊,你把脏衣服到处乱丢, that's gross, too!
LL: All right, Li Hua, I'm the first to admit that I'm not the best housekeeper. I've been so busy lately, that my whole apartment is pretty gross right now, to tell you the truth.
LH: 你啊能老实承认自己不会理家.那还算不错的.一般男生啊都不会整理家.这样吧! Larry,过两天我去你家帮你打扫干净,做为对你今天的帮忙表示感谢.请人来修啊可要花好多钱呢!
LL: Yeah, the amount the plumber will charge you will be pretty gross, I am sure. What tools do you have?
LH: 让我看看,工具啊可能都在水槽下面的柜子里. Ooh, gross! 有只大蜘蛛吔!
LL: Oh, Li Hua, it is a tiny spider, and I think it is cute. I don't think it is gross at all.
LH:哎哟~,你还说那只大蜘蛛看起来挺好玩啊! It is gross, Larry。
………………………………………………………………
LH: 嘿,Larry,我找到那个通马桶的工具了!用这个来清除那些头发行吗?
LL: It will have to do in a pinch.
LH: In a pinch?那是什么意思啊?
LL: You know, a pinch is a tight spot in which you can't move around or a difficult situation in which you don't have many options.
LH: Pinch 就是很小的地方,没有什么周转余地,或者是处于困难的情况下,没什么选择.我的厕所是很小,可是也足够你站在里面修澡盆啦!
LL: I meant that we don't really have a choice about whether or not I use the plunger. I'll either have to use your plunger, or call the plumber.
LH: 哦~,原来你说的 in a pinch 是指我们别无选择的意思,要就用这个工具,否则就得请人来修.那,那你就用这个工具先试试看啰!
LL: Well, then let me try to get us out of the pinch we're in. Let me use the plunger.
LH: 对,用这个工具试试,没准你能解决这个难题啊!
LL: Yes, it is working. The tub is draining now.
LH: 水开始流啦?哇!太棒,太谢谢你了,帮我解决了这个大麻烦, You really get me out of this pinch!
LL: It is my pleasure. I am always glad to help a friend in a pinch.
LH: 我们都知道你是乐于帮助朋友解决困难的,好,那现在啊我们要想办法解决你的问题啰。
LL: Yes, if I don't get that apartment cleaned before my parents come to visit, I am going to be in a real pinch.
LH: 你要在你爸妈来以前打扫干净你的公寓,否则啊你也只好让他们看到你那肮脏恶心的家了。
LL: Exactly, so now it is your turn to help me out of the pinch I am in.
LH:我一定帮你打扫干净。
 
  今天李华学到了两个常用语.第一个是: gross,这是指“看到的东西令人很恶心、让人感到很不舒服”.另一个常用语就是: in a pinch,这是指“陷入困境、没有选择余地”。

 

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/liuxmy/41625.html