ESL露西的一天 第1期:起床(1)(在线收听

   On a weekday, I usually get up around 6:30 a.m., but I set my alarm to go off at 6:20 so that I can hit the snooze button to sleep another 10 minutes.  工作日早上,我通常六点半左右起床,但是我把闹钟设在六点二十,这样我可以按一下“贪睡按钮”再睡十分钟。

  My roommate thinks I'm crazy, but doing this in the mornings actually helps me wake up.  我舍友觉得我古怪。但是每天早上这样做可以帮我清醒过来。
  I'm a night owl, not an early bird like she is, so I need an extra few minutes to get going in the morning. 我不是夜猫子,但也不是她那样的早起鸟,所以我早上需要多睡几分钟再起床开始新的一天。
  One reason it's so hard to get up is because my bedroom and my bed are so comfortable.  起床困难的一个原因就是我的卧室和床太舒服了。
  I splurged and bought a bed with a very soft, thick mattress.  我花大价钱买了个床,床垫又软又厚。
  I also have matching sheets and pillowcases, and a comforter that is made of goose down.  我也有配套的床单和枕套,还有厚鹅绒被子。
  Even my nightstand matches my sheets and the rest of my bedroom.  就连我的床头柜也和我的床单还有卧室的其他部分很搭。
  I decorated it so that it would be restful after a busy day at work. 我认真装饰了卧室,这样忙了一天的工作之后,回来可以好好休息。
  When I get up, the first thing I do is put on my robe.  起床之后,第一件事就是穿上睡袍。
  It's always so cold in the apartment in the mornings, no matter what time of year it is.  因为公寓里一年到头早上都很冷。
  Then, I usually make my bed.  然后,我会收拾床铺。
  I hated making my bed when I was little, but now it's become a routine.  我小时候就讨厌收拾床铺,但是现在这变成了例行程序。
  Sometimes, though, I'm so tired that I sleep in for just a little too long and then, the bed definitely doesn't get made.  然而,有时我很累,就会多睡一会,然后就没空收拾床铺了!
  On those days, I wish I could sleep in all day! 那时候,我很希望我可以睡一整天。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/esllucy/419170.html