实战口语情景对话 第163期:形容词-反义词 Adjectives - Opposites(在线收听

 Todd: OK, Matt, we're going to talk about adjectives. What is strong?

Matt, 我们来谈谈形容词吧。什么东西比较浓郁?
Matt: Austrian coffee.
奥地利咖啡。
Todd: Yeah, Austrian coffee is strong. Can you get Austrian coffee in Japan?
对,奥地利咖啡很浓郁。在日本能喝到奥地利咖啡吗?
Matt: Well, I'm not sure. They serve Viennese coffee. Which is supposed to be from Vienna, but when you go to Vienna, the coffee there is just small strong coffees. Viennese coffee in Japan has like cream on top and things like that, so it's like a new take on Austrian coffee.
恩我不确定。日本都喝维也纳咖啡。那看起来好像是产自维也纳,但当你去维也纳的时候,那儿的咖啡就没有那么浓郁了。日本的维也纳咖啡上面有像冰激凌一类的东西,所以好像是奥地利咖啡的新品种。
Todd: Wow, that's bizarre. OK, what is weak?
哇,真奇特。好,那什么东西比较淡?
Matt: What is weak? English coffee, I suppose. The English aren't really very good at making coffee compared to other people, other countries in Europe, so yeah, English coffee is generally weak.
什么东西比较淡?我想应该是英国咖啡。相对于欧洲的其他国家,其他人来说,英国人不是很擅长煮咖啡,所以英国咖啡一般会比较淡。
Todd: OK, well it's the same in America, so. Alright, what is heavy?
好的,跟美国差不多。那么,什么东西比较重?
Matt: Metal.
金属!
Todd: Metal!
金属?
Matt: Yeah, as in the music.
对呀,听音乐的时候。
Todd: Oh, OK. Do you listen to heavy metal music?
哦好的。你听重金属音乐吗?
Matt: I used to. I used to be in a rock band when I was at college, and it was kind of punk, heavy metal, but I used to listen to a lot, not so much anymore.
我过去常听。当我上大学的时候,我在摇滚乐队,那其实没啥用,但属于重金属,而且我过去听了很多,没有比那时候听得再多的了。
Todd: Did you play?
你玩摇滚乐吗?
Matt: I was the singer.
我是里面的歌手。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/szkyqjdh/425010.html