实战口语情景对话 第345期: Cards 贺卡(在线收听

   Adrienne: So, Mary, what's in the basket there?

  埃德里安娜:玛丽,那边的篮子里有什么?
  Mary: Oh, those are all the Christmas cards I received this year.
  玛丽:哦,那些都是我今年收到的圣诞贺卡。
  Adrienne: Oh, that's a lot.
  埃德里安娜:哦,好多啊。
  Mary: Yeah, it's quite a few. I had kind of an extensive list for people I would send cards to but in October my hard drive crashed and I lost my Christmas card list, so I had a hard time trying to figure out how to get cards to everybody this year, so what I've been doing is when I receive a card I'm cutting out everyone's return address and actually taping it to the back of their card so that way I'll have an ability to rebuild that list at some point.
  玛丽:对,非常多。我要寄去卡片的人我都列在了一份长名单上,可是十月份的时候我的硬盘坏了,我的圣诞卡名单丢了,所以今年我在找到把卡片寄给每个人的方法上费了一番功夫,而我用的办法就是把我收到的贺卡的寄件人地址都剪下来,然后再把那个地址粘在那些卡片的后面,这样我就能重建我的贺卡名单了。
  Adrienne: Wow, that sounds like a big project.
  埃德里安娜:哇,听起来是项大工程。
  Mary: You know it's really so bad cause I enjoy taking a look at the cards anyhow so it's something do while I'm looking at the cards.
  玛丽:你知道,这真的很糟糕,因为我很喜欢随意地翻看卡片,可是这却是我在看卡片的同时要进行的事情。
  Adrienne: So when do you usually send your Christmas cards out?
  埃德里安娜:那你一般什么时候会寄出圣诞卡片呢?
  Mary: Well, I try to send them out in the middle of December but this year they left my house on the 21st, so it was sort of way too close to the send.
  玛丽:嗯,我试图在12月中旬寄出贺卡,不过今年我在21号的时候才寄出卡片,所以今年快到圣诞节了我才寄卡片。
  Adrienne: Right. Right. Um, what about next year? Will you try to get them out in the middle of December?
  埃德里安娜:好。那明年呢?你还会在12月中旬的时候寄出卡片吗?
  Mary: I'm definitely going to try cause now that I have everyone's address I'll be able to rebuild that list hopefully before December.
  玛丽:我绝对会努力在中旬寄出卡片,因为现在我已经有所有人的地址了,我能在12月前完成重建贺卡名单的工作。
  Adrienne: Well, sounds like a good plan. Good luck.
  埃德里安娜:嗯,听起来是个好计划。祝你好运。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/szkyqjdh/425617.html