英国语文第一册 第46期:东南西北(在线收听

   LESSON 46 NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST 第四十六课 东南西北

  What o'clock is it, Henry? It is twelve o'clock. It is noon.  Henry,现在什么时间?十二点,正值中午。
  Come to the garden then. Now, where is the sun?  来到花园,现在,太阳在哪儿呢?
  Turn your face towards him. Look at the sun. That is South.  脸朝向太阳,看着它的方向就是南。
  Always when it is twelve o'clock, and you look at the sun, your face is towards the South. 十二点的时候你看着太阳,你面向的方向就是南。
  Now look at your left hand. Look forward. That is East.  现在转向你左手方向前看,就是东。
  In the morning, when it is going to be light, you must look just there, and you will see the sun get up.  早上,天开始亮的时候,你朝着东边看,就会看到太阳升起。
  Always in the morning look there for the sun; for the sun rises in the East. 东边总是在早上你面向太阳的方向,因为太阳从东边升起。
  Now turn your back to the sun. Look straight forward. That is North. 现在背朝太阳。向前看的方向就是北。
  Now turn to your left hand. Look forward. That is West.  现在转向左手边,向前看的方向就是西。
  When it is going to be night, look for the sun just there.  当夜幕降临太阳的方向就是那里。
  He is always there when he goes down; for the sun sets in the West. 西方总是在太阳落下的方向因为太阳从西方落下。
  North, South, East, West. 北、南、东、西
  "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT." 没有浪费就没有奢望
  I must not throw upon the floor 我一定不会再往地板上扔,
  The crust I cannot eat; 我不吃的面包皮了;
  For many a hungry little one would think it quite a treat. 对很多饱受饥饿的人来说那也是一种美味。
  'Tis "wilful waste brings woful want," 任意的浪费会带来不幸的贫穷,
  And I may live to say, 我为了生存可能会说,
  "Oh, how I wish I had the bread,which once I threw away!" “我多么希望我能拥有我曾经扔掉的每一片面包!”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ygyw/d1c/430033.html