美国小学英语教材4:第29课 勇敢的美国女孩安妮伦道夫(2)(在线收听

 "What do you want, my child?" he asked. “孩子,你有什么事?”他问道。

"I want my cow, sir. Your soldiers have taken her away, and I have come to get her. “我想要我的牛,长官。您的士兵把她带走了,我来找她。
Oh, please, sir, you must let me have her." 哦,拜托了,长官,您一定要把她还给我。”
"And who are you, my little girl?" asked the general, kindly. “那么,你是谁呢,我的小姑娘?”将军亲切地问。
"I am Anne Randolph, and I live three miles from here with my mother. “我是安妮·伦道夫,我和母亲住在离这里三英里的地方。
Have you seen my cow, sir?" 长官,您看到我的小牛了吗?”
"Have you no father or brothers, Anne?" “安妮,你没有父亲或兄弟吗?”
"Yes, sir, I have a father and two brothers, but they are in the army." “当然有,长官,我有一位父亲和两位哥哥,但他们都参军了。”
"In which army?" "In the American army, sir." “哪支军队?”“他们在美军中,长官。”
"Oh! So they are rebels, are they?" “噢!所以他们是叛军,是吗?”
"Oh, yes, sir, we are all rebels here, sir." “是的,长官,我们都是叛军,长官。”
"And are you a little rebel yourself?" “你也是小叛军吗?”
"Yes, indeed; I was born a rebel." “是的,我是叛军,我天生就是叛军。”
The general threw back his head and laughed. 将军仰头大笑。
"And your cow is a rebel, too, I suppose." “我想,你的牛也是叛军。”
"I think so, sir. She is the nicest cow I ever knew." “我认为它是,长官,它是我知道的最棒的牛。”
The general and his friends laughed again. 将军和他的朋友们又笑了起来。
"Look here, my little rebel," said Lord Cornwallis, “看这里,我的小叛军,”康沃利斯勋爵说,
"don't you know that we are here to fight the rebels?" “你难道不知道我们在这里是为了对付叛军吗?”
"Yes, sir, but you are not here to fight a little American girl." Anne answered. “知道,长官,但您不是来和一个小美国女孩战斗的。”安妮回答。
"Oh, sir," she went on, "I raised my cow myself. She has always been mine. “噢,长官,”她继续说道:“我自己养的牛。她一直都是我的。
She can't belong to you. I would never steal your cow, sir." the little girl said proudly. 她不可能属于你。我永远不会偷你的牛,长官。”小女孩骄傲地说。
The general rose. "Come here, my child. 将军站起来。“孩子,过来。
I promise you that your cow shall be safe in your barn tomorrow; 我向你保证,你的小牛明天会安全地回到你的谷仓里。
and here, take these," he said, unfastening a pair of silver knee-buckles. 还有拿着它,”他说着,解开了一对银色膝盖带扣。
"Keep them to remember me by. “拿着它们提醒我。
And if the soldiers trouble your cow again, come to me at once." 如果士兵们再骚扰你的小牛,立刻到我这里来。”
"Gentlemen," said Lord Cornwallis to his friends, after Anne had left, “先生们,”安妮离开后,康沃利斯勋爵对他的朋友们说,
"this country is certain to be free, with such brave little rebels in it." “这个国家肯定是自由的,因为它有这么勇敢的小叛军。”
The next morning Anne's cow was once more in her own snug barn. 第二天早晨,安妮的小牛又回到了她自己的温暖谷仓里。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d4c/430613.html