美国语文第一册 第106期:吹哨(在线收听

 LESSON 112

第112课
“Yes, Mary, I will give it to you, because you are so good to my grandma.”
“没问题,玛丽,我会把它送给你,因为你对我奶奶太好了。”
“Oh! thank you very much.” Mary blew and blew a long time.
“噢,太谢谢你了。”玛丽一次次地吹了很长时间。
“I can’t make it whistle,” said she, almost ready to cry.
“我不会吹。”玛丽说,她急得快要哭出来了。
“Sometimes they will whistle, and sometimes they won’t,” said Frank. “Try again, Mary.”
“有时它们能吹响,有时就不能。“弗兰克说,”玛丽,再试一次。
She tried once more, and the whistle made a low, sweet sound. “It whistles!” she cried.
”她又再试了一次,口哨发出了一段低沉而悦耳的声音。“口哨响了!”她叫道。
In her joy, she had turned the doll’s face down, and its eyes shut tight, as if it had gone to sleep.
在玩的时候,她把娃娃的脸转向下面,它的双眼紧闭,就像已经睡着了一样。
“There!” cried Frank, “I told you the way to put a doll to sleep, is to whistle to it.”
“看!”弗兰克说,“我告诉过你,哄娃娃睡觉的方法就是给她吹哨。”
“So it is,” said Mary. “Dear, little thing; it must be put in its bed now.”
“好吧!”玛丽说,“亲爱的小家伙,现在必须让你上床睡觉了。”
So they went into the house. Frank’s basket was soon filled, and he went home happy.
于是,她们走进房子。弗兰克的篮子很快就被装满了,然后他高高兴兴地回家了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d1c/430653.html