美国语文第四册 第196期:知识的力量(2)(在线收听

   When the water of a large pond is properly conducted by trenches, it renders the fields around fertile;  当池塘里的水用沟渠进行适当的疏导,可以灌溉周围的田地;

  but when it bursts through its banks, it sweeps everything before it and destroys the produce of the fields. 但是如果水冲出堤坝,它会冲走一切,摧毁地里的收成。
  "I see!" said the little man, "I see!" “我明白了!”小个子说,“我明白了!”
  When the ship is steered aright, the sail that she hoists enables her sooner to get into port;  当正确地驾驶船,它升起的帆能让船更早驶入港口;
  but if steered wrong, the more sail she carries the further will she go out of her course. 但是如果驾驶错误,船的帆会让船驶离航线。
  "I see!" said the little man, "I see clearly!" “我明白了!”小个子说,“我清楚地明白了!”
  "Well, then," continued the old man, if you see these things so clearly, “好吧,那么,”老人继续说,如果你清楚地明白这些事,
  I hope you can see, too, that knowledge, to be a good thing, must be rightly applied.  我希望你也能明白,要想让知识成为好事,必须正确使用它。
  God's grace in the heart will render the knowledge of the head a blessing;  心中带着主的恩宠,知识就会变成好事;
  but without this, it may prove to us no better than a curse. 事;可是,如果没有做到,知识就和祸根一样了。
  "I see! I see!" said the little man, "I see!" “我明白了!我明白了!”小个子说道,“我明白了!”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d4c/431486.html