美国语文第五册 第279期:微小的胜利(3)(在线收听

   And they soon felt a new and delicious pleasure which none but the bitterly disappointed can feel. “What is that?” 无需多久,他们就会身心感受其他任何人无从领略的、一种新奇美好的欢欣,唯独那些最为痛苦失望的人才能悟出其中玄妙。“那是什么呢?”

  The pleasure of rousing the soul to bear pain, and of agreeing with God silently, when nobody knows what is in the breast. 当无人知道什么才是心中的信念,这种快乐在于唤醒浑噩灵魂去承受痛苦,安静地顺从上帝安排。
  There is no pleasure like that of exercising one’s soul in bearing pain, 世上没有任何快乐能够与之媲美,它旨在培养个体灵魂去承担痛苦,
  and of finding one’s heart glow with the hope that one is pleasing God. 或发掘因希望而熠熠生辉的个体心灵,正是这种星光使上帝感动宽慰。
  Shall I feel that pleasure? 那么,我能感到那种快乐吗?
  Often and often, I have no doubt; every time you can willingly give up your wish to be a soldier or a sailor, 你会经常不断地感受到,这一点,我毫不怀疑。每当你愿意放弃成为士兵或水手的希望,
  or anything else you have set your mind upon, you will feel that pleasure. 其实,其他志存高远的目标已在你的心底孕成,你会感到那种欢欣。
  But I do not expect it of you yet. 当然,我并不指望这种内心升华很快出现。
  I dare say it was long a bitter thing to Beethoven to see hundreds of people in raptures with his music, when he could not hear a note of it. 对贝多芬来说,他听不见一个音符,最终却看到一百个观众为他的音乐欣喜若狂;我敢说,那条路实在痛苦漫长。
  “But did he ever smile again?” asked Hugh. “那么,他重新感到幸福吗?”休问道。
  “If he did, he was happier than all the fine music in the world could have made him,” replied his mother. “如果他感到幸福,那肯定超过世界上所有美好音乐带给他的无穷快乐。”他的妈妈回答。
  I wonder, oh, I wonder, if I shall ever feel so! 我想知道,哦,想知道,如果我也能感到这些幸福,该有多好!
  “We will pray to God that you may. Shall we ask him now?” Hugh clasped his hands. “我们会向上帝祷告,你可以做到,现在开始祷告,好吗?”
  His mother kneeled beside the bed, and, in a very few words, prayed that Hugh might be able to bear his misfortune well, 听了妈妈的话,休合拢手掌,妈妈跪在床边,两人默默地低声呢喃,保佑休能够坦然面对他的不幸,
  and that his friends might give him such help and comfort as God should approve. 保佑休的朋友将给予他帮助安慰,而这些都是上帝极为赞赏的。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d5c/432107.html