英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第76期:第六章 惊悚故事(2)(在线收听

 When I walked into the cafeteria with Jessica and Mike, I couldn't keep from looking at his table,  当我和杰西卡还有迈克一起走向自助餐厅的时候,我没法让自己别去看他的桌子。

where Rosalie, Alice, and Jasper sat talking, heads close together.  罗莎莉,爱丽丝和贾斯帕正坐在桌子旁,三个脑袋凑到一起聊着天。
And I couldn't stop the gloom that engulfed me as I realized I didn't know how long I would have to wait before I saw him again. 当我意识到,我不知道要等多久才能再见到他时,我茫然无措地任凭自己被卷入忧郁的深渊之中。
At my usual table, everyone was full of our plans for the next day.  在我通常所坐的桌子旁,每个人都在谈论着我们第二天的计划。
Mike was animated again, putting a great deal of trust in the local weatherman who promised sun tomorrow.  迈克又活跃了起来,信誓旦旦地支持着那位保证明天一定会放晴的本地天气预报员。
I'd have to see that before I believed it.  我向来只相信眼见为实。
But it was warmer today — almost sixty.  但今天确实变暖和了——差不多有六十华氏度。
Maybe the outing wouldn't be completely miserable. 或许这次远足不会变成一个全然的悲剧。
I intercepted a few unfriendly glances from Lauren during lunch,  午餐的时候,我从劳伦那里截获了好几个充满敌意的眼神,
which I didn't understand until we were all walking out of the room together.  但直到我们一起走出屋子,我才明白发生了什么事。
I was right behind her, just a foot from her slick, silver blond hair, and she was evidently unaware of that. 我走在她后面,离她光滑发亮的银发只有一英尺的距离,而她显然没有注意到我。
"…don't know why Bella" — she sneered my name — "doesn't just sit with the Cullens from now on." “……不明白为什么贝拉”——她轻蔑地笑着,提到了我的名字——“不从现在开始就跟卡伦一家坐在一起。”
I heard her muttering to Mike.  我听到她在和迈克窃窃私语着。
I'd never noticed what an unpleasant, nasal voice she had, and I was surprised by the malice in it.  我之前从没注意到她的鼻音是那么的讨厌,而我也被她话里的恶意吓了一跳。
I really didn't know her well at all, certainly not well enough for her to dislike me — or so I'd thought.  我跟她一点儿都不熟,肯定还没有熟到她会讨厌我的地步——或者,事实确实如我想的那样。
"She's my friend; she sits with us," Mike whispered back loyally, but also a bit territorially.  “她是我的朋友,她和我们坐在一起。”迈克忠诚地低声回敬道,但多多少少是出于领土意识。
I paused to let Jess and Angela pass me. I didn't want to hear any more. 我停下来,让杰西和安吉拉走到我前面。我不想再听下去了。
That night at dinner, Charlie seemed enthusiastic about my trip to La Push in the morning.  那天晚上吃晚餐的时候,查理似乎对我早上的拉普什之旅很热心。
I think he felt guilty for leaving me home alone on the weekends, but he'd spent too many years building his habits to break them now.  我想他是在为周末时总把我一个人留在家而感到内疚,但这是他多少年来养成的习惯,一时半会很难改过来。
Of course he knew the names of all the kids going, and their parents, and their great-grandparents, too, probably.  当然,他知道一起去的所有孩子的名字,还有他们的父母的名字,也许,还有他们祖父母的名字。
He seemed to approve. I wondered if he would approve of my plan to ride to Seattle with Edward Cullen. Not that I was going to tell him. 他似乎很赞同这个计划。我有点想知道他会不会赞同我和爱德华·卡伦一起开车去西雅图的计划。但我不打算告诉他。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437619.html