英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第77期:第六章 惊悚故事(3)(在线收听

 "Dad, do you know a place called Goat Rocks or something like that? I think it's south of Mount Rainier," I asked casually. “爸爸,你知不知道一个叫山羊岩,或者类似这样的地方?我想它是在雷尼尔山的南部。”我若无其事地问道。

"Yeah — why?" “知道——怎么了?”
I shrugged. "Some kids were talking about camping there." 我耸耸肩。“有些孩子在讨论着去那里野营。”
"It's not a very good place for camping." He sounded surprised.  “那可不是个野营的好地方。”他听起来很吃惊。
"Too many bears. Most people go there during the hunting season." “有太多熊了。人们通常在狩猎季节的时候才会去那里。”
"Oh," I murmured. "Maybe I got the name wrong." “哦,”我低声说道。“也许我把名字记错了。” 
I meant to sleep in, but an unusual brightness woke me.  我差点睡过头,但一种不同寻常的光亮让我醒了过来。
I opened my eyes to see a clear yellow light streaming through my window.  我睁开眼睛,看到一道明黄色的光正从我的窗外照射进来。
I couldn't believe it.  我简直不敢相信自己的眼睛。
I hurried to the window to check, and sure enough, there was the sun.  我冲到窗前看个究竟,然后确定,那确实是太阳。
It was in the wrong place in the sky, too low, and it didn't seem to be as close as it should be, but it was definitely the sun. 虽然它不在天空中它通常应该在的地方——太低了——而且显得太远了,它本应该更近一些的。但它是货真价实的太阳。
Clouds ringed the horizon, but a large patch of blue was visible in the middle.  地平线上镶嵌了一圈云朵,但在天空正中,一大块的蓝色清晰可见。
I lingered by the window as long as I could, afraid that if I left the blue would disappear again. 我在窗前徘徊着,尽可能多待一会儿,生怕我一离开那片蓝色就又消失不见了。
The Newtons' Olympic Outfitters store was just north of town.  牛顿家的奥林匹克旅行用品商店就在镇子的北边。
I'd seen the store, but I'd never stopped there — not having much need for any supplies required for being outdoors over an extended period of time.  我见过这家商店,但我从没停下来过——我对适用于长时间待在户外的设备需求不大。
In the parking lot I recognized Mike's Suburban and Tyler's Sentra.  在停车场,我认出了迈克的雪佛兰巨无霸越野车和泰勒的丰田花冠。
As I pulled up next to their vehicles, I could see the group standing around in front of the Suburban.  当我把车停到他们的车旁时,我看到了站在巨无霸前面的那帮人。
Eric was there, along with two other boys I had class with; I was fairly sure their names were Ben and Conner.  埃里克在那里,跟两个和我一起上过课的男生在一块儿。我很确定他们的名字是本和科纳。
Jess was there, flanked by Angela and Lauren.  杰西也在那里,站在安吉拉和劳伦中间。
Three other girls stood with them, including one I remembered falling over in Gym on Friday.  另外三个女孩和她们站在一起,我记得我周五时曾摔在了其中一个女孩身上。
That one gave me a dirty look as I got out of the truck, and whispered something to Lauren.  当我走下卡车的时候,那个女孩轻蔑地看了我一眼,低声跟劳伦说了些什么。
Lauren shook out her cornsilk hair and eyed me scornfully. 劳伦甩开像玉米穗一样的头发,轻蔑地看着我。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437620.html