英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第81期:第六章 惊悚故事(7)(在线收听

 After a half hour of chatter, some of the boys wanted to hike to the nearby tidal pools.  我们漫无边际地闲聊了半个小时后,有几个男孩想到潮汐池周围走走。

It was a dilemma. On the one hand, I loved the tide pools.  这实在让人进退两难。一方面,我喜欢潮汐池。
They had fascinated me since I was a child; they were one of the only things I ever looked forward to when I had to come to Forks.  当我还是个孩子的时候,就开始对它们着迷了。从前当我到福克斯来的时候,它们是我唯一盼望着的事物。
On the other hand, I'd also fallen into them a lot.  另一方面,我也常常掉进潮汐池里。
Not a big deal when you're seven and with your dad.  当你只有七岁,和爸爸在一起的时候,这没什么大不了的。
It reminded me of Edward's request — that I not fall into the ocean. 但这让我想起了爱德华的请求——别让我自己掉进海里。
Lauren was the one who made my decision for me.  是劳伦促使我最终作出了决定。
She didn't want to hike, and she was definitely wearing the wrong shoes for it.  她不想去远足,而且她显然穿着不适合徒步旅行的鞋子。
Most of the other girls besides Angela and Jessica decided to stay on the beach as well.  除了安吉拉和杰西卡,大部分女孩都决定也留在沙滩上。
I waited until Tyler and Eric had committed to remaining with them before I got up quietly to join the pro-hiking group.  我一直等到泰勒和埃里克被委托留下来陪她们以后,才默默地加入了去远足的那一组。
Mike gave me a huge smile when he saw that I was coming. 当迈克看到我加入的时候,他给了我一个大大的笑脸。
The hike wasn't too long, though I hated to lose the sky in the woods.  这次远足不算太漫长,虽然我一向讨厌待在林子里,因为看不到天空。
The green light of the forest was strangely at odds with the adolescent laughter,  森林里的绿光和少年人的笑声有一种古怪的不协调感,
too murky and ominous to be in harmony with the light banter around me.  这里太阴森了,有一种不祥的气氛,跟我周围的轻松的调笑一点儿也不搭调。
I had to watch each step I took very carefully, avoiding roots below and branches above, and I soon fell behind.  我不得不留神看着自己踏下的每一步,提防着底下的树根和顶上的树枝,很快被落在了后头。
Eventually I broke through the emerald confines of the forest and found the rocky shore again.  最终,我冲出了森林里翡翠色的藩篱,重新看见了布满岩礁的海岸。
It was low tide, and a tidal river flowed past us on its way to the sea. 正是落潮时分,一条潮汐河涌动着从我们面前流过,奔向大海。
Along its pebbled banks, shallow pools that never completely drained were teeming with life. 沿着布满砾石的海岸上,一湾湾浅浅的水池从未干涸过,总是盈满了生机。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437624.html