英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第83期:第六章 惊悚故事(9)(在线收听

 I was very cautious not to lean too far over the little ocean ponds.  我非常谨慎,尽量离这些小海池远些。

The others were fearless, leaping over the rocks, perching precariously on the edges.  别的人就大胆多了,他们纵身跳过一块块礁石,准确地落在石头边上。
I found a very stable-looking rock on the fringe of one of the largest pools and sat there cautiously,  在其中一个最大的潮汐池边上,我发现了一块看上去非常牢固的石头,便小心翼翼地坐到那里,
spellbound by the natural aquarium below me.  被我脚边的天然鱼缸迷住了。
The bouquets of brilliant anemones undulated ceaselessly in the invisible current, twisted shells scurried about the edges, obscuring the crabs within them,  一簇簇绚丽多彩的海葵在水流里永不止息地摇曳生姿,
starfish stuck motionless to the rocks and each other,  海星一动不动地粘在石头上和石缝里。
while one small black eel with white racing stripes wove through the bright green weeds, waiting for the sea to return.  一条小小的长满了白色斑纹的黑鳗鱼穿梭在绿意盎然的水草间,等着大海的归来。
I was completely absorbed, except for one small part of my mind that wondered what Edward was doing now,  我完全沉浸在其中,只剩下脑海里的一小部分还在想着爱德华现在在做什么,
and trying to imagine what he would be saying if he were here with me. 试图幻想着如果他正在这里和我一起,他会说些什么。
Finally the boys were hungry, and I got up stiffly to follow them back.  男孩们最终觉得饿了,我僵直地站起来,跟着他们回去。
I tried to keep up better this time through the woods, so naturally I fell a few times.  这次我试图在穿越林子的时候跟紧些,所以很自然地,我摔倒了好几次。
I got some shallow scrapes on my palms, and the knees of my jeans were stained green, but it could have been worse. 我的手腕上留下了一些浅浅的擦伤,我的牛仔裤的膝部被染成了绿色,但情况本可以更糟的。When we got back to First Beach, the group we'd left behind had multiplied.  当我们回到第一湾的时候,被我们留下来的那群人变多了。
As we got closer we could see the shining, straight black hair and copper skin of the newcomers, teenagers from the reservation come to socialize. 当我们走近些的时候,我们能看到新来者发亮的直发和红铜色的肌肤,他们是一群来自保留地的青少年,到这里来交朋友的。
The food was already being passed around,  他们已经开始分发食物了,
and the boys hurried to claim a share while Eric introduced us as we each entered the driftwood circle.  当我们一个个走进浮木圈的时候,埃里克逐个介绍着我们的名字,男孩们却急不可耐地要求着自己那份食物。
Angela and I were the last to arrive, and, as Eric said our names,  安吉拉和我是最后到的,当埃里克说出我们的名字时,
I noticed a younger boy sitting on the stones near the fire glance up at me in interest.  我注意到一个坐在篝火旁的石头上,年纪比我小一些的男孩感兴趣地抬头看了过来。
I sat down next to Angela, and Mike brought us sandwiches and an array of sodas to choose from,  我坐到安吉拉身旁,迈克给我们拿来了三明治,还有一排苏打水任我们挑选。
while a boy who looked to be the oldest of the visitors rattled off the names of the seven others with him.  这时那群访客里看上去最年长的男孩开始喋喋不休地介绍起和他一起来的另外七个人的名字。
All I caught was that one of the girls was also named Jessica, and the boy who noticed me was named Jacob. 我唯一能听进去的是其中一个女孩也叫杰西卡,而那个注意过我的男孩名叫雅克布。
It was relaxing to sit with Angela; she was a restful kind of person to be around —  和安吉拉坐在一起是一件让人放松的事,她是那种能给周围的人休息的人——
she didn't feel the need to fill every silence with chatter.  她不认为需要用闲聊来填满每一段沉默。
She left me free to think undisturbed while we ate.  当我们吃东西的时候,她让我不受干扰地自由地思索着。
And I was thinking about how disjointedly time seemed to flow in Forks, passing in a blur at times,  我在想着,在福克斯度过的时光是那么的支离破碎,有时候时间过得飞快,模糊了记忆中的一切,
with single images standing out more clearly than others.  只有几幅简单的画面凸显出来,比别的画面显得更清晰些。
And then, at other times, every second was significant, etched in my mind.  然而,别的一些时候,每一秒都显得那么的重要,深深地烙在了我的心上。
I knew exactly what caused the difference, and it disturbed me. 我清楚地知道是什么导致了不同,但这更让我感到困扰。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437626.html