英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第87期:第六章 惊悚故事(13)(在线收听

 Tyler, trying to win back her attention, asked Lauren's opinion on a CD he held. She was distracted. 泰勒试图夺回她的注意,他问了劳伦对他手上的一张CD的意见。她被分了神,不再继续这个话题了。

I stared at the deep-voiced boy, taken aback,  我注视着那个声音低沉的男孩,对他所说的话震惊不已。
but he was looking away toward the dark forest behind us.  但他已经移开了视线,凝视着我们身后的黑暗的森林。
He'd said that the Cullens didn't come here, but his tone had implied something more — that they weren't allowed; they were prohibited.  他说卡伦家的人不会来这里,但他的语气暗示了更多的信息——他们不被认可,他们是被禁止的存在。
His manner left a strange impression on me, and I tried to ignore it without success. 他的态度给我留下了一个奇怪的印象,我试着不去注意这一点,但没有成功。
Jacob interrupted my meditation.  雅克布打断了我的沉思。
"So is Forks driving you insane yet?" “那么,福克斯已经让你发狂了吗?”
"Oh, I'd say that's an understatement." I grimaced. He grinned understandingly. “哦,我得说这是一种保守的描述。”我做了个鬼脸。他心领神会地咧嘴一笑。
I was still turning over the brief comment on the Cullens, and I had a sudden inspiration.  我依然反复思索着那个针对卡伦一家的简短评论,然后灵光一闪。
It was a stupid plan, but I didn't have any better ideas.  这实在是个愚蠢的计划,但我想不出更好的办法了。
I hoped that young Jacob was as yet inexperienced around girls, so that he wouldn't see through my sure-to-be-pitiful attempts at flirting. 我衷心希望年轻的雅克布对应付女孩子还没有太多的经验,这样他就不会看穿我显然是出于同情的,另有企图的调情了。
"Do you want to walk down the beach with me?" I asked, trying to imitate that way Edward had of looking up from underneath his eyelashes.  “你想和我一起去沙滩上走走吗?”我问道,试图模仿爱德华做过的那样,从眼睫毛下往上看。
It couldn't have nearly the same effect, I was sure, but Jacob jumped up willingly enough. 我当然知道,自己不可能做到和爱德华所做的相同的效果,但雅克布已经足够心甘情愿地跳起来了。
As we walked north across the multihued stones toward the driftwood seawall,  当我们一路向北,穿过多孔的礁石向浮木海堤走去的时候,
the clouds finally closed ranks across the sky, causing the sea to darken and the temperature to drop.  云层最终铺满了天空,让海水变得黑暗起来,气温也下降了。
I shoved my hands deep into the pockets of my jacket. 我把手深深地揣进我夹克衫的口袋里。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437634.html