英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第125期:第八章 天使港(10)(在线收听

 I braced myself, feet apart, trying to remember through my panic what little self-defense I knew. 我鼓起勇气,分腿站立,试图在恐惧中记起我知道的那些少得可怜的防身术。

Heel of the hand thrust upward, hopefully breaking the nose or shoving it into the brain. 手腕外侧向上猛刺,有望打断鼻梁或者把它挤进脑袋里。
Finger through the eye socket—try to hook around and pop the eye out. 手指向眼窝猛刺——努力向上钩起,把眼珠子剜出来。
And the standard knee to the groin, of course. 当然,还有标准的膝撞腹股沟。
That same pessimistic voice in my mind spoke up then, 同一个悲观的声音在我脑海里大声说着,
reminding me that I probably wouldn't have a chance against one of them, and there were four. 提醒我很有可能根本没有胜算对抗其中的一个,更何况这里有四个人。
Shut up! I commanded the voice before terror could incapacitate me. 闭嘴!我赶在恐惧击倒我以前对那个声音下令。
I wasn't going out without taking someone with me. 如果没人帮我,我根本不可能逃出生天。
I tried to swallow so I could build up a decent scream. 我试图吞咽了一下,好发出足够响亮的尖叫。
Headlights suddenly flew around the corner, the car almost hitting the stocky one, forcing him to jump back toward the sidewalk. 车灯忽然从转角处飞快地冲过来,那辆车几乎撞上了那个矮胖的男人,逼得他跳回了人行道上。
I dove into the road—this car was going to stop, or have to hit me. 我冲到路上——这辆车要么停下来,要么就得撞上我了。
But the silver car unexpectedly fishtailed around, skidding to a stop with the passenger door open just a few feet from me. 但那辆车出人意料地摆尾急转,骤然停在离我几英尺远的地方,乘客座的门打开了。
"Get in," a furious voice commanded. “上车。”一个狂怒的声音命令道。
It was amazing how instantaneously the choking fear vanished, 这实在是太惊人了,那种令人窒息的恐惧瞬间消失了,
amazing how suddenly the feeling of security washed over me even before I was off the street—as soon as I heard his voice. 一种安全感席卷了我的全身,我甚至还在街上站着呢——这一切都发生在我听到他的声音的那一刹那。
I jumped into the seat, slamming the door shut behind me. 我跳进座位里,猛地用力把我身后的门关上。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437756.html