英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第166期:第十章 审问(14)(在线收听

 His brow creased angrily for a moment, then smoothed as his eyes took on a knowing look. 他的眉头愤怒地纠结了片刻,然后平缓下来,他露出了知晓一切的眼神。

"You don't see yourself very clearly, you know. I'll admit you're dead-on about the bad things," he chuckled blackly, “你没有看清楚自己,你知道的。我承认在那些不好的事情上你完全正确,”他阴郁地轻笑着,
"but you didn't hear what every human male in this school was thinking on your first day." “可惜你没听到当你第一天来到这里的时候,学校里的每一个人类男性都在想什么。”
I blinked, astonished. "I don't believe it..." I mumbled to myself. 我眨了眨眼睛,惊讶不已。“我不敢相信……”我低声自言自语着。
"Trust me just this once—you are the opposite of ordinary." “相信我,哪怕就这一次——你完全是平凡的反义词。”
My embarrassment was much stronger than my pleasure at the look that came into his eyes when he said this. 我的窘迫运甚于他说这些时的眼神给我带来的愉悦。
I quickly reminded him of my original argument. 我赶紧提醒他我最初的论点。
"But I'm not saying goodbye," I pointed out. “可我没有说再见。”我指出来。
"Don't you see? That's what proves me right. I care the most, because if I can do it"—he shook his head, seeming to struggle with the thought— “你没看出来吗?这正是证明了我是对的。我的喜爱最深,因为如果我能做到”他摇了摇头,似乎在和那个想法斗争着——
"if leaving is the right thing to do, then I'll hurt myself to keep from hurting you, to keep you safe." “如果离开是正确的做法,那我宁可伤害自己以免伤害到你,只要能确保你的安全无虞。”
I glared. "And you don't think I would do the same?" 我怒目而视:“而你不认为我能做到同样的事?”
"You'd never have to make the choice." “你永远都不必作出这样的选择。”
Abruptly, his unpredictable mood shifted again; a mischievous, devastating smile rearranged his features. 突然,他喜怒无常的情绪又变了。一个顽劣的,讥讽的笑容重又出现在他脸上。
"Of course, keeping you safe is beginning to feel like a full-time occupation that requires my constant presence." “当然,确保你的安全无虞正在变成一件全时制的工作,需要我永不间断地守在你身旁。”
"No one has tried to do away with me today," I reminded him, grateful for the lighter subject. "今天可没人想要干掉我。”我提醒着他,很高兴能够转到一个相对轻松的话题。
I didn't want him to talk about goodbyes anymore. 我不想让他再谈到任何关于别离的问题了。
If I had to, I supposed I could purposefully put myself in danger to keep him close 如果我非得这样做的话,我猜想我会刻意让自己处于险境之中,好让他靠近我……
I banished that thought before his quick eyes read it on my face. That idea would definitely get me in trouble. 在他敏锐的眼睛从我脸上看出这个念头以前,我把它赶出了脑海。这个想法显然会给我带来麻烦的。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437809.html