英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第169期:第十章 审问(17)(在线收听

 I was miffed. "Phoenix is three times bigger than Seattle—just in population. In physical size—" 我有点恼火:“凤凰城是西雅图的三倍大——这仅仅是指人口。在面积上——”

"But apparently," he interrupted me, "your number wasn't up in Phoenix. So I'd rather you stayed near me." “但很显然,”他打断我的话。“在凤凰城的时候你还没有大难临头。所以我希望你能待在我附近。”
His eyes did that unfair smoldering thing again. 他的眼睛又开始那种不公平的催眠了。
I couldn't argue, with the eyes or the motivation, and it was a moot point anyway. "As it happens, I don't mind being alone with you." 我没有争论,也许是因为他的眼睛,又或许是因为他的动机。更何况无论如何,争论这一点毫无意义。“碰巧,我不介意和你单独相处。”
"I know," he sighed, brooding. "You should tell Charlie, though." “我知道。”他担忧地叹息道。“但是,你必须告诉查理。”
"Why in the world would I do that?" “我究竟是为了什么要这样做呢?”
His eyes were suddenly fierce. "To give me some small incentive to bring you back." 他的眼神忽然尖锐起来:“为了给我一点小小的,把你带回来的动力。”
I gulped. But, after a moment of thought, I was sure. "I think I'll take my chances." 我吞咽了一下。但是,思考了片刻以后,我决定了。“我想我会试着碰碰运气的。”
He exhaled angrily, and looked away. 他生气地哼了一声,看向别处。
"Let's talk about something else," I suggested. “让我们聊点别的事情。”我建议道。
"What do you want to talk about?" he asked. He was still annoyed. “你想聊点什么?”他问道。他依然很气恼。
I glanced around us, making sure we were well out of anyone's hearing. 我环顾四周,确认我们不在任何人的听力范围内。
As I cast my eyes around the room, I caught the eyes of his sister, Alice, staring at me. The others were looking at Edward. 当我的目光梭巡着整个房间的时候,我遇上了他妹妹的视线,爱丽丝正注视着我。别的人则都看着爱德华。
I looked away swiftly, back to him, and I. asked the first thing that came to mind. 我立刻移开了视线,落回他身上。然后,我问了自己想到的第一件事。
"Why did you go to that Goat Rocks place last weekend...to hunt? Charlie said it wasn't a good place to hike, because of bears." “为什么上周末你要去山羊岩荒野……去打猎呢?查理说那不是个野营的好地方,因为到处都是熊。”
He stared at me as if I was missing something very obvious. 他凝视着我,就好像我忽略了某件显而易见的事情。
"Bears?" I gasped, and he smirked. "You know, bears are not in season," I added sternly, to hide my shock. “熊?”我喘着气说道,而他坏笑起来。“你知道,还没到可以捕猎熊的季节。”我坚决地补充道,想要掩饰自己的震惊。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437812.html