英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第171期:第十章 审问(19)(在线收听

 "Oh, we have weapons." He flashed his bright teeth in a brief, threatening smile. “哦,我们有武器。”他飞快地露了一下他明亮的牙齿,险恶地笑着。

I fought back a shiver before it could expose me. 我击溃了一阵战栗,在它出卖我以前。
"Just not the kind they consider when writing hunting laws. “只不过不是那种他们在写狩猎法时能想到的武器。
If you've ever seen a bear attack on television, you should be able to visualize Emmett hunting." 如果你在电视上看过熊进攻的样子,你就能想象出艾美特狩猎的样子。”
I couldn't stop the next shiver that flashed down my spine. 我没法制止住飞掠过我的脊柱的又一阵颤栗。
I peeked across the cafeteria toward Emmett, grateful that he wasn't looking my way. 我偷偷看了一眼自助餐厅对面的艾美特,为他并没有看着我的方向而感激着。
The thick bands of muscle that wrapped his arms and torso were somehow even more menacing now. 健壮的肌肉群裹满了他的手臂和躯干,不知怎的他身上的肌肉现在看起来更吓人了。
Edward followed my gaze and chuckled. I stared at him, unnerved. 爱德华循着我的视线望去,然后轻笑起来。我气馁地看着他。
"Are you like a bear, too?" I asked in a low voice. “你也像一只熊吗?”我压低声音问道。
"More like the lion, or so they tell me," he said lightly. "Perhaps our preferences are indicative." “更像狮子,或者说,他们是这样告诉我的。”他轻快地说道。“也许我们的偏好是有象征意义的。”
I tried to smile. "Perhaps," I repeated. 我努力微笑。“也许。”我重复道。
But my mind was filled with opposing images that I couldn't merge together. 但我的脑海里充斥着各种对立的画面,我没法把它们糅合在一起。
"Is that something I might get to see?" “我能去看看吗?”
"Absolutely not!" His face turned even whiter than usual, and his eyes were suddenly furious. “绝对不行!”他的脸变得甚至比平时还要苍白,他的眼神忽然狂暴起来。
I leaned back, stunned and—though I'd never admit it to him—frightened by his reaction. 我受惊地向后退去——尽管我永远都不想向他承认——被他的反应吓坏了。
He leaned back as well, folding his arms across his chest. 他也退回去了,两臂交叠在胸前。
"Too scary for me?" I asked when I could control my voice again. “对我来说太恐怖了?”当我能再度控制自己的声音的时候,我问道。
"If that were it, I would take you out tonight," he said, his voice cutting. “如果是这个原因,我今晚就会带你出去。”他斩钉截铁地说道。
"You need a healthy dose of fear. Nothing could be more beneficial for you." “你需要补充一剂量有益健康的恐惧。对你来说没什么能比这更有好处。”
"Then why?" I pressed, trying to ignore his angry expression. “那究竟是为什么呢?”我催促着,努力不去理会他愤怒的神情。
He glared at me for a long minute. 他怒视了我一分钟,漫长的一分钟。
"Later," he finally said. He was on his feet in one lithe movement. "We're going to be late." “下次吧。”他最终说道。他用一种轻盈的动作站起来。“我们要迟到了。”
I glanced around, startled to see that he was right and the cafeteria was nearly vacant. 我环顾四周,惊愕地发现他是对的,自助餐厅里几乎全空了。
When I was with him, the time and the place were such a muddled blur that I completely lost track of both. 当我和他在一起的时候,时间和空间都会变得模糊起来,而我会完全失去对它们的感觉。
I jumped up, grabbing my bag from the back of my chair. 我跳起来,从椅背上抓起我的背包。
"Later, then," I agreed. I wouldn't forget. “那么,下次吧。”我同意了。我不会忘记的。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437814.html