英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第201期:第十二章 平衡(13)(在线收听

 There was a piece of white paper folded on my seat. 一张折叠起来的白纸放在我的座位上。

I got in and closed the door before I unfolded it. 我坐进去,关上门,然后打开了它。
Two words were written in his elegant script. 是他雅致的笔迹,只有两个字。
Be safe. “平安。”
The sound of the truck roaring to life frightened me. I laughed at myself. 卡车要命咆哮着的声音把我吓了一跳。我自嘲地一笑。
When I got home, the handle of the door was locked, the dead bolt unlocked, just as I'd left it this morning. 当我到家的时候,门把手紧锁着,插销开着,和我今早离开时一样。
Inside, I went straight to the laundry room. 我走进屋,直接进了洗衣房。
It looked just the same as I'd left it, too. 同样地,一切看上去和我原来把它们留在那里时一样。
I dug for my jeans and, after finding them, checked the pockets. Empty. 我在衣服堆里翻找着我的牛仔裤,找着以后,检查上面的口袋。空的。
Maybe I'd hung my key up after all, I thought, shaking my head. 也许我早就把我的钥匙挂起来了,我想着,摇了摇头。
Following the same instinct that had prompted me to lie to Mike, I called Jessica on the pretense of wishing her luck at the dance. 遵循促使我向迈克撒谎的同样的本能的指示,我打电话给杰西卡,虚伪地祝她在舞会上好运。
When she offered the same wish for my day with Edward, I told her about the cancellation. 当她同样祝我和爱德华一起的一天好运时,我告诉她计划取消了。
She was more disappointed than really necessary for a third-party observer to be. 作为一个第三方旁观者,她的失望有点超出必要。
I said goodbye quickly after that. 之后,我飞快地说了再见。
Charlie was absentminded at dinner, worried over something at work, I guessed, 吃晚餐时查理有些心不在焉,不仅仅是在担心着工作上的事,我猜,
or maybe a basketball game, or maybe he was just really enjoying the lasagna—it was hard to tell with Charlie. 也许是一场篮球赛,也许他只是真的很喜欢意大利菜——很难说查理在担心什么。
"You know, Dad..." I began, breaking into his reverie. “你知道,爸爸……”我开口说道,打断了他的沉思。
"What's that, Bell?" “怎么了,贝拉?”
"I think you're right about Seattle. I think I'll wait until Jessica or someone else can go with me." “我想在西雅图的事上你是对的。我想我会等到杰西卡或者别人能和我一起去时再作决定。”
"Oh," he said, surprised. "Oh, okay. So, do you want me to stay home?" “哦,”他惊讶地说道。“哦,好的。那么,你想让我留在家里吗?”
"No, Dad, don't change your plans. “不用,爸爸,不必改变你的计划。
I've got a million things to do...homework, laundry...I need to go to the library and the grocery store. 我有成千上万的事情要做……作业,洗衣服……我得去趟图书馆,还有杂货店。
I'll be in and out all day...you go and have fun." 我一整天都得进进出出的……你去吧,玩得开心点。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438075.html