英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第246期:第十四章 精神胜于物质(15)(在线收听

 "So I was wondering..." I began again, but his fingers were slowly tracing my collarbone, and I lost my train of thought. “所以我想知道……”我又开始了,但他的手指缓慢地描过我的锁骨,我完全失去了思路。

"Yes?" he breathed. “嗯?”他喘息着说道。
"Why is that," my voice shook, embarrassing me, "do you think?" “那是为什么,”我的声音颤抖着,这让我很是窘迫。“你认为呢?”
I felt the tremor of his breath on my neck as he laughed. "Mind over matter." 当他大笑起来时,我感觉到他的呼吸在我的脖子上颤动着。“精神胜于物质。”
I pulled back; as I moved, he froze—and I could no longer hear the sound of his breathing. 我把身子退回去,当我挪动时,他僵住了——然后我再也听不到他呼吸的声音了。
We stared cautiously at each other for a moment, and then, as his clenched jaw gradually relaxed, his expression became puzzled. 我们警惕地注视着彼此,片刻之后,他紧绷的下颌渐渐放松下来,他的神情变得困惑起来。
"Did I do something wrong?" “我做错什么了吗?”
"No—the opposite. You're driving me crazy," I explained. “不——恰好相反。你快要让我发狂了。”我解释道。
He considered that briefly, and when he spoke, he sounded pleased. 他简略地想了想,然后当他说话的时候,他听起来很愉悦。
"Really?" A triumphant smile slowly lit his face. “真的?”一个胜利的微笑慢慢浮现在他脸上。
"Would you like a round of applause?" I asked sarcastically. “你需要来点掌声吗?”我讽刺地问道。
He grinned. 他咧嘴一笑。
"I'm just pleasantly surprised," he clarified. “我只是又惊又喜。”他澄清道。
"In the last hundred years or so," his voice was teasing, “在过去的差不多一百年里,”他的声音有些苦恼,
"I never imagined anything like this. “我从没想象过任何类似这样的事情。
I didn't believe I would ever find someone I wanted to be with... in another way than my brothers and sisters. 我不相信我能找到我想要在一起的那个人……以不同于我的兄弟姐妹们的方式。
And then to find, even though it's all new to me, that I'm good at it... at being with you..." 然后,我找到了,尽管这一切对我来说是全新的,我却如此擅长于此……只要和你在一起……”
"You're good at everything," I pointed out. “你擅长所有的事。”我指出来。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438411.html