英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第318期:第19章 再见(5)(在线收听

 "I'll call you tomorrow!" I yelled, wishing more than anything that I could explain everything to him right then, knowing I would never be able to.  “我明天再给你打电话!”我大喊道,恨不得现在就把所有的事情给他解释清楚。我知道,我也许再也没有机会跟他解释了。

I gunned the engine and peeled out. 我加大油门,把车开走了。 
Edward reached for my hand. 爱德华伸出手按住我的手。
"Pull over," he said as the house, and Charlie, disappeared behind us. “把车停在路边。”当查理和房子一同消失在车后时,他说道。
"I can drive," I said through the tears pouring down my cheeks.  “我能开。”我说着,眼泪在我的脸颊上肆意地流淌着。 
His long hands unexpectedly gripped my waist, and his foot pushed mine off the gas pedal.  他长长的胳膊出人意料地抱住我的腰,他的脚把我的脚从油门上挤到一边去。
He pulled me across his lap, wrenching my hands free of the wheel, and suddenly he was in the driver's seat. The truck didn't swerve an inch. 他把我从他的膝上抱过去,解开我紧握着方向盘的双手。忽然间,他已经坐到了驾驶员的位置上。卡车甚至没有偏离原来的方向哪怕一英寸的距离。
"You wouldn't be able to find the house," he explained. “你找不到我家的房子。”他解释到。
Lights flared suddenly behind us. I stared out the back window, eyes wide with horror.  灯光忽然从我们车后照上来。我看着车后窗,眼睛因为惊恐而睁得大大的。
"It's just Alice," he reassured me. He took my hand again. “那只是爱丽丝。”他向我保证道。他又牵住了我的手。
My mind was filled with the image of Charlie in the doorway. "The tracker?" 我的脑海里全是查理站在车道上的情景。“追猎者呢?”
"He heard the end of your performance," Edward said grimly. “他听到了你的演出的最后部分。”爱德华冷酷地说道。
"Charlie?" I asked in dread. “查理呢?”我恐惧地问道。
"The tracker followed us. He's running behind us now." “追猎者正跟着我们。现在他正紧随在我们身后跑着。”
My body went cold. 我的身子开始发冷。
"Can we outrun him?" “我们跑得过他吗?”
"No." But he sped up as he spoke. The truck's engine whined in protest. “不能。”但在他说话的时候,他加速了。卡车的引擎哀号着以示伉仪。
My plan suddenly didn't feel so brilliant anymore. 感觉上,我的计划忽然变得得不那么尽善尽美了。 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438655.html