英语听书《海底两万里》第545期 第34章 大屠杀(6)(在线收听

 Dreadful to hear, Captain Nemo was even more dreadful to see. 尼摩船长的声音听起来很可怕,脸色看上去则更可怕。

His face was pale from some spasm of his heart, which must have stopped beating for an instant. 他的脸色由于心脏的抽搐而苍白,他的心跳大概停了一下,
His pupils were hideously contracted. 瞳孔吓人地收缩着。
His voice was no longer speaking, it was bellowing. 他此时的喉咙不再是在说话,而是在吼叫。
Bending from the waist, he shook the Canadian by the shoulders. 他的身体向前倾,双手攫住加拿大人的肩膀。
Then, dropping Ned and turning to the battleship, whose shells were showering around him: 接着,船长松开加拿大人,朝着炮弹像雨点般落在他身旁的战舰转过身去:
O ship of an accursed nation, you know who I am! “啊!你知道我是谁,你这该死的国家的船!
he shouted in his powerful voice. 用尽全身力气吼道。
"And I don't need your colors to recognize you!  你就是烧成骨灰我也能认出你!
Look! I'll show you mine!" 瞧吧!我让你看看我的旗帜!”
And in the bow of the platform, Captain Nemo unfurled a black flag, 说完,尼摩船长在平台前面展开了一面黑旗,
like the one he had left planted at the South Pole. 跟他先前插在南极点的那一面相像的。
Just then a shell hit the Nautilus's hull obliquely,  就在这时,一颗炮弹斜斜地击中了“鹦鹉螺号”的船壳,
failed to breach it, ricocheted near the captain, and vanished into the sea. 弹过船长的身旁,落到了海里,但没有伤害到船。
Captain Nemo shrugged his shoulders.  尼摩船长耸耸肩膀。
Then, addressing me: Go below! he told me in a curt tone.  然后,口气生硬地对我说: “请下去吧,
"You and your companions, go below!" 您和您的同伴请下去。” 
Sir, I exclaimed, "are you going to attack this ship?" “先生,”我喊道,“您想攻击这艘船吗?” 
Sir, I'm going to sink it. “先生,我要击沉它。”
You wouldn't! I will, Captain Nemo replied icily.  “您不能这么做!”“我要这么做,”尼摩船长冷酷地说,
"You're ill-advised to pass judgment on me, sir. “用不着您来对我指手划脚,先生。
Fate has shown you what you weren't meant to see. 命运让您看到了您不该看到的事情。
The attack has come. Our reply will be dreadful. Get back inside!" 进攻要开始了,反击是很可怕的。请进去吧。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/440399.html