英语听书《海底两万里》第547期 第34章 大屠杀(8)(在线收听

 I tried to intervene one last time.  我想做最后一次调解。

But I had barely queried Captain Nemo when the latter silenced me:  但我刚一喊尼摩船长,他就让我住嘴。 
"I'm the law, I'm the tribunal!  “我就是公理!我就是正义!”
I'm the oppressed, and there are my oppressors!  他对我说,“我是被压迫者,那就是压迫者!
Thanks to them, I've witnessed the destruction of everything I loved, cherished, and venerated—homeland, wife, children, father, and mother! 全是因为它,我曾钟爱过,珍爱过,尊敬过的一切,祖国,妻子,儿女,父母,我眼睁睁地看着他们死去!
There lies everything I hate! Not another word out of you!" 我憎恨的一切就在那里!您住嘴!” 
I took a last look at the battleship, which was putting on steam.  我向喷着蒸汽的战船投去最后一眼。
Then I rejoined Ned and Conseil. 然后,我找到尼德、康塞尔。
We'll escape! I exclaimed. “我们逃走吧!”我喊道。 
Good, Ned put in. "Where's that ship from?" “好,”尼德说,“那艘船是哪个国家的?”
I've no idea. But wherever it's from, it will sink before nightfall.  “我不知道。但不管它是哪个国家的,它在晚上前会被击沉的。
In any event, it's better to perish with it than be accomplices in some act of revenge whose merits we can't gauge. 总之,宁可和它一道殉难,都好过做这场不知道是否正义的复仇的同谋。”
That's my feeling, Ned Land replied coolly. "Let's wait for nightfall." “我也这样想,”尼德·兰冷静地回答说,“我们等到晚上吧。” 
Night fell. A profound silence reigned on board.  夜幕降临。船上笼罩着深深的寂静。
The compass indicated that the Nautilus hadn't changed direction.  罗盘指示出“鹦鹉螺号”船只仍然没有改变航向。
I could hear the beat of its propeller, churning the waves with steady speed. 我听到它的推动器快速有规律地拍打着水波的声音。
Staying on the surface of the water, it rolled gently, sometimes to one side, sometimes to the other. 它保持在水面上,轻微的晃动使它时而向右摆,时而向左摆。
My companions and I had decided to escape as soon as the vessel came close enough for us to be heard—or seen,  我和我的同伴们,我们已经决定,当战舰靠近得差不多,它或是能听到我们的喊声,或是能看到我们时,我们就逃走。
because the moon would wax full in three days and was shining brightly.  三天后可能是满月,所以这时月亮洒下了灿烂的光辉。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/440401.html