英语听书《海底两万里》第559期 第35章 尼摩船长的最后几句话(6)(在线收听

 The Canadian left without giving me time to answer him. 然后,加拿大人不等我说话就出去了。

I wanted to verify the Nautilus's heading. I made my way to the lounge. 于是我回到客厅里,确定一下“鹦鹉螺号”船只的方向。
We were racing north-northeast with frightful speed, fifty meters down. 我发现船只正以惊人的速度,在水下50米深处,向东北偏北方向行驶。
I took one last look at the natural wonders and artistic treasures amassed in the museum, 然后,我向那些自然的珍宝,那些堆积在陈列室里的艺术珍品,
this unrivaled collection doomed to perish someday in the depths of the seas, together with its curator. 那些注定总有一天将随着收集它们的人一起埋入大海的举世无双的收藏品,投去最后一瞥。
I wanted to establish one supreme impression in my mind.  我想把它们深深烙进我的脑海里。
I stayed there an hour, basking in the aura of the ceiling lights,  我就这样呆了一个小时,沐浴在灯火通亮的天花板发出的光线里,
passing in review the treasures shining in their glass cases.  把这些收藏在玻璃柜里的璀灿的财宝浏览了一遍,
Then I returned to my stateroom. 然后才回到房间里。
There I dressed in sturdy seafaring clothes. 在房间里,我穿上了结实的航海服,
I gathered my notes and packed them tenderly about my person. 收拾了我的笔记,把它们小心翼翼地绑在身上。
My heart was pounding mightily. I couldn't curb its pulsations. 此时,我无法控制自己的脉博跳动,我的心剧烈地跳着。
My anxiety and agitation would certainly have given me away if Captain Nemo had seen me. 如果这时碰到尼摩船长,我的慌乱和激动情绪当然是逃不出他的眼睛的。
What was he doing just then? 可他现在在干什么呢?
I listened at the door to his stateroom. 我靠在他房间的门上聆听。
I heard the sound of footsteps. 我听到了一阵脚步声:
Captain Nemo was inside. He hadn't gone to bed. 尼摩船长在里面,他还没上床。
With his every movement I imagined he would appear and ask me why I wanted to escape! 我倾听着他的每一个举动,觉得他仿佛会随时出现在我面前,盘问我为什么想逃跑!
I felt in a perpetual state of alarm. 我老是觉得听到不断的警报声,
My imagination magnified this sensation. 而且我的想象力把这个声音夸大了。
The feeling became so acute, I wondered whether it wouldn't be better to enter the captain's stateroom,  这种感觉使我头胀欲裂,以致我思忖着,我还是最好走进船长的房间,
dare him face to face, brave it out with word and deed! 面对面地看着他,用手势和眼光与他对恃算了!
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/440463.html