生活英语听力文章 第172期:130方法成为超级时间管理者(12)(在线收听

 47.Record a clear voicemail greeting. 录下一段清晰的语音信箱问候语,

Your voicemail greeting should ask people to leave a detailed message with the purpose of the call and the best time to return it. 告诉对方说明来电目的,以及你何时回电最为合适。
Then you'll know when to call back or whether you can deal with the issue by email. 这样你就能知道什么时间回电给他,或者你是否可以通过发邮件解决。
48.Leave a message. 留下语音留言。
If you call someone, you obviously had a reason for placing the call so don't hang up without leaving a clear and detailed message stating the purpose of your call. 如果你打给某人,一定是有原因的,所以不要没有留下清楚具体的信息阐明你的来电目的就直接挂断。
If you are requesting a return call, indicate the windows of time you will be available to receive the call. 你过你想让对方给你回电,告诉对方你什么时候有时间。
49.Be clear and concise. 沟通要简洁明了。
When you communicate with people orally or in writing, get to the point quickly while still being cordial. 和别人无论是口头或者文字交流,趁着双方气氛友好直入主题。
This will save you time and improve the impression you make on others. 这样既可以节省你的时间,还可以提升你在对方心中的形象。
50.Introduce yourself. 介绍自己。
When you call someone's home or place of business, introduce yourself, such as "Hi, this is Mark Williams. Is Pam Johnson available?" 当你给某人家里或者办公的地方打电话时,要先介绍自己。比如"你好,我是马克·威廉姆斯帕姆·约翰逊在吗?"。
Now the other person does not have to say, "May I ask who is calling?" 这样对方就不会再问:"能告诉我您是谁吗?"
51.Don't return missed calls. 不要回复未接来电。
If someone calls you but does not leave a message (unless it's a family member or close friend), don't call back. 如果有人给你打过电话,但是没有留下语音信息(除非是亲人或朋友),那就不要打回去。
If their call was not important enough to leave a message, then there's no need for you to return it. 如果他们不留言,就说明它们并不重要,因此也就没有必要回复了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shyytlwz/442987.html