生活英语听力文章 第180期:130方法成为超级时间管理者(20)(在线收听

 87.Explore shortcuts. 寻找捷径。

You might know one way to get from Point A to Point B, but is there a shorter route?  你可能知道A到B之间的途径,
Ask an expert, or do some research to determine if there's a more efficient way to accomplish a task. 但是还有没有更便捷的途径呢?咨询一下专家,或者做一番调查,看是否还有更高效的办事途径。
88.Re-evaluate processes. 重新审查流程。
Over time, processes have a way of evolving. 随着时间的推移,工作流程会发生进化。
And sometimes, they devolve! New technology, developments, and external influences all affect changes in processes that need to be tested every once in a while to ensure they are still efficient and accomplishing what they need to do. 但同时,它也可能退化!新技术、发明以及外部影响都会给工作流程带来变化,因此应当定时对流程进行审视,确保其依然高效并能达到其初始意图。
89.Keep an idea file. 准备一个灵感簿。
If a new idea or inspiring thought comes to you while you are working on something else, file it away either electronically or on paper in one location. 如果你在做某件事情时突然有了一个想法或者灵感,将它记录下来(可以在电子设备上也可以在纸上)。
Doing this keeps you on task while it saves valuable bits of information in the Idea File for later use. 这样做你既能完成手头的工作,还能将珍贵的零碎信息保存下来供日后使用。
Schedule time periodically to review your file for new ideas. 定时抽出时间查看灵感簿,温故而知新。
90.Nip problems in the bud. 将问题扼杀在摇篮之中。
Be proactive and address problems while they are small and manageable rather than putting them off to deal with later. 目光要长远,在问题还处于可控状态时将其解决,不要推迟处理。
When left to fester, problems grow and often take more time and energy to solve later. 如果任其恶化,以后可能会花费你更多的时间和精力来处理。
91.Learn to say no. 学会说不。
Over commitment takes you away from your core tasks and is a drain on your productivity. 太过随和会让你无法专注自己的核心任务,榨取你的行动力。
Know your priorities and your limitations; only commit to the things within them. 弄清哪些是重要的事情,知道自己的极限,只做这两者之内的事情。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shyytlwz/442995.html