ESL露西的一天 第77期:银行与市场讲解(2)(在线收听

 "Fortunately," Lucy says, the bank is "on the way to the bus stop."  “幸运的是,”露西说,“银行在去往公共汽车站的途中。”

On the way means it is between her work and the bus stop - it is convenient for her.  在途中意味着在她的工作地和公共汽车站之间,这对她来说很方便。
When we say something is on the way, we mean that it is between where you are now and where you are going. 当我们说某地在途中时,我们的意思是它在你现在的位置和你要去的地方之间。
Lucy says she gets "to the bank" and stands "in line."  露西说她得到“银行”,站着“排队”。
To stand in line means to wait in a line until it is your turn - until it is your time to talk to the person at the bank.  排队是指排队等候,直到轮到你为止,直到你和银行的人谈话时间到了为止。
So, Lucy is standing in line or waiting in line.  所以,露西排队或排队等候。
I remember when I was young, I come from a big family and it was so big you had to stand in line to get food every day,  我来自一个大家庭,它很大,我记得我小的时候,每天都得排队去取餐,
and if you were last in line, you may not eat that day. 如果你排在最后,那一天你可能就没饭了。
So, you have to be careful when you come from a big family! 所以,你必须小心,如果你来自一个大家庭的话!
Lucy says that she filled "out a deposit envelope" and signed "the back of" her "paycheck."  露西说,她填写“一个存款信封”,并在工资支票背面签字。
To fill out means to complete.  填写就是完成。
A deposit envelope, "deposit," is an envelope that you use to put money into your account.  一个存款信封,“存款”,是一个信封,你用它来存钱到你的帐户。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/esllucy/443048.html