ESL杰夫的一天 第91期:做晚饭 吃晚饭和清洗餐具讲解(5)(在线收听

 My wife "comes into the kitchen and helps" me chop the tomatoes. 我妻子“走进厨房并帮”我切西红柿。

To chop, "chop," means to cut something into small pieces. 切(chop),是指把某物切成小块。
We chop tomatoes — we make them into smaller pieces, 我们切西红柿——我们把西红柿切成小块,
and we add them to the pasta sauce that's the red liquid that we're going to put over the pasta. 然后把西红柿放到意大利面酱里,这酱是用来浇在意大利面上的红色液体。
My wife "stirs the sauce until it's done." 我妻子“拌面酱直到拌好为止”。
To stir, "stir," when you are cooking means to take a spoon and put it into the pan 搅拌(stir),当你在做饭的时候,它是指取出调羹并放进平底锅里,
and move the spoon back and forth so that you are mixing what is in the pan. 然后用调羹来回搅动,这样你就能把锅里的东西搅和在一起。
So, my wife is stirring the sauce — the pasta sauce — the tomato sauce 因此,我妻子在拌面酱——意大利面酱——番茄酱
"until it's done" — until it is ready — until it is cooked, "while I finish tossing the salad." “直到拌好为止”——直到弄好为止——直到煮熟为止,此时我在拌沙拉。
So, she is stirring the sauce and at the same time, I am finishing the salad, and I finished by tossing it. 那么,她在搅拌意大利面酱,与此同时,我拌好了沙拉。我是通过拌来制作沙拉的。
To toss, "toss," a salad means to mix the salad together. Toss(拌)沙拉指的是将沙拉混合在一起。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/443174.html