ESL杰夫的一天 第116期:睡前准备和睡觉讲解(8)(在线收听

 "I fluff my pillow, and I climb into bed." “我拍松枕头,然后爬上了床。”

Notice that verb to climb, "climb," into bed. 注意到“climb into bed”中“climb”这个动词。
It means the same as to get into bed. 它与“get into bed”的“get”意思相同。
We might use that particular verb, to climb into, if we are very tired, for example. 例如,如果我们非常疲惫,就可能会使用这个特定的动词短语,“to climb into”。
You can also use it just to mean to get into bed. 你还可以用它来表示“上床”的意思。
So, I "climb into bed. I set my alarm clock for 6:15," — for 6:15 in the morning, of course — "and I turn off the overhead light." 因此,我“爬上了床。我把钟定在早上的6:15,然后关上顶灯。”
The overhead, "overhead," (all one word) is a light that is on the top of your room — on the ceiling of the room. “The overhead”(一个词)是指房间顶部的灯——在房间的天花板上。
The top of the room is called the ceiling, "ceiling." 房间的顶部叫做天花板(ceiling)。
So, an overhead light is on the top of the ceiling — or on the ceiling, and I turn the overhead light off. 因此,顶灯在天花板的顶部——或在天花板在,我把头顶上的灯关掉了。
"I lay my head down." “我躺了下来。”
To lay, "lay," here means to put something down. 躺(lay)在这儿是把某物放下去的意思。
Usually we use that verb when we are talking about people or a part of your body. 通常在谈到人或身体部位的时候我们会用到那个动词。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/443203.html