绿野仙踪 第98期:解放温基人(4)(在线收听

 As soon as he had spoken, the Tin Woodman began to chop, and in a short time the tree fell over with a crash,  铁皮人说了以后,立刻动手砍树,很快地,听到砰礴一声响,树便倒下来了,

whereupon the Scarecrow's clothes fell out of the branches and rolled off on the ground. 稻草人的衣裳,也掉了下来,掉到地面上。
Dorothy picked them up and had the Winkies carry them back to the castle, where they were stuffed with nice, clean straw; and behold!  多萝茜拾起衣服,交给温基人带回到城堡里,并给它填塞着美好的、干净的稻草;看呀!
Here was the Scarecrow, as good as ever, thanking them over and over again for saving him. 稻草人被救活了,跟以前一模一样,他正在一遍又一遍感谢他们救活了他。
Now that they were reunited, Dorothy and her friends spent a few happy days at the Yellow Castle, where they found everything they needed to make them comfortable. 现在,多萝茜和她的伙伴们,又聚集在一起了,他们在黄色的城堡里,过了几天愉快的日子,这个黄色的城堡,给予了他们快乐生活的每一样东西。
But one day the girl thought of Aunt Em, and said, "We must go back to Oz, and claim his promise." 忽然有一天,多萝茜想起爱姆婶婶来了,说道:“我们一定要去找奥芝,并且要求他实践他的诺言。”
"Yes," said the Woodman, "at last I shall get my heart." 铁皮人说:“那是应该的,我将终于得到我的心。”
"And I shall get my brains," added the Scarecrow joyfully. 稻草人愉快地接着说:“我将得到我的脑子。”
"And I shall get my courage," said the Lion thoughtfully. 狮子很关心地说:“我将得到我的胆量。”
"And I shall get back to Kansas," cried Dorothy, clapping her hands.  “我将回到堪萨斯州去,”多萝茜叫着,跳了起来。
"Oh, let us start for the Emerald City tomorrow!" “啊,那我们明天就出发到翡翠城去!”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shuchong1j/wizardofoz/448547.html