外贸英语话题王 第23期:提出索赔(在线收听

   Lodge a claim 提出索赔

  What shall we do when we find a shortage in the shipment? 如果发现货物短缺,我们该怎么办?
  You should do one of the two things: either to lodge a claim with the ship-owner or with the insurance company. 你可以选择两种做法中的一种:一是向船主提出索赔,一是向保险公司提出索赔,
  Shall we leave it to the brokers. 那由中间人去处理吗?
  Yes.They usually do it. 是的,一般都由中间人处理
  Do they charge for that? 那中间人要收费用吗?
  Of course.In Europe,they charge a commission of 1% of the amount of the claim for their service. 当然在欧洲中间人一般要收索赔金额的1%作为他们服务的佣金。
  Is it the same in America? 在美国是怎样的情况?
  They do the work without charge to the importer. 他们向进口商提供这类服务是不收费的。
  It's part of their service, isn't it? 这是中间人的业务服务范围,对吧?
  Exactly. 对。
  Is it enough to claim with an on board bill of lading? 提出索赔时,光凭一份货已装船提单够不够?
  No. you must also obtain a statement from the shipping agent certifying that the goods were actually loaded on their vessel for shipment. 不够,你还必须从运输代理那里获得一份证明,证明货物的确是装往他们的船运输出去的。
  I see. By the way,how do we prove the ownership of our goods? 我明白了。另外我们怎样证明货物是我们的呢?
  You must provide full original set of ocean bills of lading origina insurance policy or certificate and the original commercia invoice. 你方必须提供全套原始海洋提单,原始保险单或保险凭证以及商业发票原件。
  I see. Thank you. 我明白了。谢谢
  You are welcome. 不客气
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyhtw/449294.html