外贸英语话题王 第99期:货物损失(在线收听

   Damage  货物损失

  I regret to tell you that quite a number of the records and tapes were damaged. 很遗憾告诉你,许多唱片和磁带都损坏了。
  I'm sorry to hear that.  听到这事深感遗憾,
  But the goods left here were in perfect condition.  可是货运走时是完好的,
  It was possibly caused by rough handling. 可能是野蛮装卸造成的。
  Most of the records were either split or wrapped, and many of them were smashed.  大多数唱片或是裂了,或是折弯了,还有很多都碎了。
  Besides, I can assure you that there was no rough handling when the goods were unloaded. 我可以向你保证卸货时绝对没有野蛮装卸行为。
  Well, as you made the arrangement for delivery.  既然是你安排的装运,
  I am afraid I can't help you. 恐怕这事我没法帮你。
  Yes, we did make the arrangement for delivery.  是的,是我们安排的装运,
  But we instructed you to wrap each piece individually and pack no more than 10 pieces into a crate to allow for easy and safe handling.  可是为了搬运方便安全,我们要求你们把货品单件包装,每一版条箱不能多于10件。
  But this was obviously not done with the consignment. 很显然你们这批货没有这么做。
  Have you any idea about the damage? 你知道这批货损失多少?
  We estimate that about 30% of the goods were damaged.  我们估计有大约30%的货损坏了,
  And the shipping charges cost us a lot.  我们还花了不少运输费用。
  We would like either replacements or a 20% reduction in price. 我们要求换货,或者在价格上减少20%。
  I admit that we were partially responsible for the damage.  我承认我们对损失负有部分责任,
  So let's meet each other half-way and compromise on a 10% reduction in price on the consignment. 那么咱们各让一半,货价减少10% 吧。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyhtw/449608.html