TED演讲:为什么头盔不能预防脑震荡?(8)(在线收听

 So how can we slow the head down? 那我们该如何减缓头部的向下移动?

A gigantic helmet. So with more space, you have more time, and this is a bit of a joke, but some of you may have seen this. 可以佩戴巨型头盔。空间变大,缓冲时间就会变长,当然这是个玩笑,虽然你们有人可能见过这个。
This is bubble soccer, and it's a real sport. 这是泡泡足球,而且它真是一项运动。
In fact, I saw some young adults playing this sport down the street from my house the other day, 事实上,前几天,我就在我家附近的街上看到一些年轻人在玩儿它,
and as far as I know there have been no reported concussions. 据我所知,没有这种运动中发生脑震荡的报道
But in all seriousness, this principle does work, but this has gone too far. 但严肃地说,这一原则确实有效,但它有点过头儿了。
This isn't something that's practical for bike riding or playing football. 毕竟对于自行车和橄榄球运动来讲,这不大现实。
And so we are collaborating with a company in Sweden called Hovding. 目前,我们正和瑞典Hovding公司合作。
Some of you may have seen their work, and they're using the same principle of air to give you some extra space to prevent concussion. 可能有人见过它,它实际上运用了同一项原则,利用空气提供更多空间,从而预防脑震荡。
Kids, don't try this at home please. This stuntman does not have a helmet. 小孩子请勿在家尝试,这个特技演员没有戴头盔。
He instead has a neck collar, and this neck collar has sensors in it, the same type of sensors that are in our mouthguard,  而是戴了一个颈环,这个颈环内置传感器,这些传感器和我们的牙套中的传感器同属一个类型,
and it detects when he's likely to have a fall, and there's an airbag that explodes and triggers,  当骑行者要摔倒时,它可以感测到并且弹出安全气囊,
the same way that an airbag works in your car, essentially.  这一引发机制和汽车中的基本一致。
And in the experiments we've done in my lab with their device, 我的实验室对这一设备进行了一系列实验,
we found that it can greatly reduce the risk of concussion in some scenarios compared to a normal bicycle helmet. 我们发现与普通自行车头盔相比,这一设备在一些情境下可以大幅降低脑震荡风险。
So it's a pretty exciting development. 这是个很令人激动的新发展。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/kjp/451675.html