TED演讲:我在战火纷飞的加沙做报道(1)(在线收听

 Hello. This is my first trip, first time in life I'm outside of the walls of Gaza. I'm so happy to be here.  大家好,这是我的第一次旅行,人生中第一次离开加沙地带。能来到这里我非常高兴。

My ambition always was to be a pilot, to fly a plane, to feel free to fly the sky, to touch the sky. 一直以来,我的志向是成为一名飞行员,去开飞机,从而去感受空中飞翔的自由,与天空为伍。
But that didn't happen. Simply, I live in Gaza, there is no airport.  但这从未发生过。简单的说,我生活在加沙,那里没有机场
All borders are closed on every side.  所有的边境都是关闭的
We live in one of the biggest prisons in the world.  我们生活在这世界上最大的监狱里。
The only thing I can do is just to look up to the sky.  对我来说,唯一能做的事情就是仰望天空
On some days, we are lucky if we have electricity for four or five hours. 在某些天,会有四、五个小时的电力供应,对我们来说非常幸运。
When it's cold, we make a fire on the front or on the roof of our homes. Sometimes we make food, too.  在寒冷的天气里,我们在房子前面或者屋顶生火取暖。有时候,我们会用同样的方式煮饭。
My job in Gaza is to arrange everything for journalists who come to my homeland to tell the stories about what's going on in Gaza. 在加沙,我的工作是为来到加沙的记者们准备各种各样的东西,告诉他们在加沙正发生着什么。
Many mornings, I had to go to the border area to collect a journalist. 很多个早晨,我不得不去边境地区接一名记者。
If anything should happen to the journalist,  假如这名记者发生了任何事情,
or if the journalist decides to cover a story the government doesn't want us to cover, bad things could happen. 或者这名记者决定去报道一个政府不允许我们揭露的故事(新闻),可能就会发生糟糕的事情。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/kxp/451908.html