TED演讲:性格的迷思--你究竟是谁(6)(在线收听

 We communicate differently, extroverts and introverts.  外向者和内向者的交流方式有所不同。

Extroverts, when they interact, want to have lots of social encounter punctuated by closeness. 外向者在与人互动时喜欢肢体接触,喜欢亲近对方。
They'd like to stand close for comfortable communication.  他们喜欢靠近对方近距离交流。
They like to have a lot of eye contact, or mutual gaze. 他们喜欢眼神接触,甚至相互凝视。
We found in some research that they use more diminutive terms when they meet somebody. 有研究表明,外向者更喜欢使用昵称。
So when an extrovert meets a Charles,  比如当一个外向者遇见一个叫查尔斯的人,
it rapidly becomes "Charlie," and then "Chuck," and then "Chuckles Baby." 很快就会开始叫他“查理”,然后变成“查克”,然后变成“小查查”。
Whereas for introverts, it remains "Charles," until he's given a pass to be more intimate by the person he's talking to. 而内向者呢,会一直叫他“查理”,直到对方认为他俩的关系已经足够亲密。
We speak differently. Extroverts prefer black-and-white, concrete, simple language. 外向者和内向者的说话方式也不同。外向者喜欢确定、 具体、简洁的语言。
Introverts prefer -- and I must again tell you that I am as extreme an introvert as you could possibly imagine -- we speak differently. 而内向者喜欢——我必须再次提醒大家,我是一个十足的内向者——我们说话方式很不一样。
We prefer contextually complex, contingent, weasel-word sentences 我们内向者更喜欢说一些复杂难懂,模棱两可,云山雾罩的话
More or less. As it were. Not to put too fine a point upon it -- like that. 或多或少吧。基本是这样。不把话说死——就像刚才那样。
When we talk, we sometimes talk past each other. 我们在说话的时候,经常会打太极,推来推去。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/kxp/451918.html