TED演讲:献给所有迷失在这个时代的人(8)(在线收听

 Language is one of the only things that we truly share, 语言是我们真正共有的唯几样事物之一,

and I sometimes used this joint inheritance to obfuscate and deflect and justify myself; 而我有时候却用这共同的遗产,去混淆,去转移,去为自己辩护;
to re-brand what was good for me as something appearing good for us both, 当我抛出例如“共同经济”、“混乱”
when I threw around terms like "the sharing economy," and "disruption" and "global resourcing." “共享经济”这样短语的时候,去重新辩解对自身有力的,其实是对大家都有利的。
I see now that what I was really doing, at times, was buying your pain on the cheap, 我意识到我有时真正在从事的,是廉价买下你们的痛苦,
sprucing it up and trying to sell it back to you as freedom. 稍微改进一下,然后尝试重新卖给你们,凭借自由的旗号。
I have wanted to believe and wanted you to believe that the system that has been good to me, 我希望去相信,也希望你们去相信,那对我适用的体系,
that has made my life ever more seamless, is also the best system for you. 让我的人生天衣无缝的体系,也是最适合你们的体系。
I have condescended to you with the idea that you are voting against your economic interests 我自带优越感地向你们灌输观点:你们是在对经济利益投反对票
voting against your interests, as if I know your interests. 对你们自身的利益投反对票,仿佛我知道你们利益的样子。
That is just my dogmatic economism talking. 这只是我自身教条的经济论。
I have a weakness for treating people's economic interests as their only interest, 我有这样一个问题,就是总把经济利益看作所有人的唯一利益。
ignoring things like belonging and pride and the desire to send a message to those who ignore you. 忽视了那些归属感,骄傲情绪和对于那些忽视你的人们发出信息的欲望。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/kxp/452121.html