TED演讲:见证现代奴役的照片(11)(在线收听

 I truly believe, if we can see one another as fellow human beings, then it becomes very difficult to tolerate atrocities like slavery. 我确实相信,当我们把他们当做同胞就会很难容忍奴役这样的暴行。

These images are not of issues. They are of people,  这些影像非关于议题,而是关于人,
real people, like you and me, all deserving of the same rights, dignity and respect in their lives. 真实的人,和你我一样都值得在生命里获得一样的权利、尊严和尊重。
There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of these many beautiful, mistreated people I've had the tremendous honor of meeting. 我没有一天不想这些美丽、但却受到不公正待遇的人们,这些我三生有幸能够遇见的人们。
I hope that these images awaken a force in those who view them, people like you,  我希望这些影像能够在你们这样的观者心中唤起一股力量,
and I hope that force will ignite a fire,  我希望这股力量的星星之火,
and that fire will shine a light on slavery,  能够成为被奴役者的希望之光,
for without that light, the beast of bondage can continue to live in the shadows. 因为若没有这光亮奴役之兽将继续活在阴影里。
Thank you very much. 谢谢大家。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/452859.html