TED演讲:我难忘的一次中国行(8)(在线收听

   Hard work, so education, investing in the young. 努力工作,重视教育,对年轻人进行投资。

  Hard work, these are all important lessons for the future. But there was another element. 这些都是实现未来发展的重要经验。但是还有一个元素。
  You see, China is actually quite a sentimental country. It's very optimistic. 中国实际上是一个相当富有感情的国家。他们非常乐观。
  There was a YouGov opinion poll which is carried out and it said that do you believe the world is getting better. YouGov的一个民意调查,受访者被问到是否相信世界正在变得更好。
  Most of the countries in the world it was either negative or very slightly positive. The UK came in about 4%. 世界上大多数国家给出的答案是否定的或是稍稍肯定的。英国仅有4%的受访者给出积极回答。
  In China, 41% thought the world was getting better. Amazing. So 41%think the world is getting better. 在中国,41%的人认为世界正变得越来越好。太神奇了。41%的人认为世界正在变得更好。
  There is a saying. It says this, we see the world not as it is, but as we are. 有一种说法,叫做我们所看到的世界其实就是我们自己的模样。
  If you are pessimistic, then you won't see the value in investing in the future and investing in yourself. 如果你悲观,那么你就看不到对未来和对自己进行投资的价值。
  If you are optimistic, you are excited about the future. You want to invest in the future. 如果你是乐观的,你对未来感到兴奋。你想对未来进行投资。
  Important lesson No.3 about China, it's an optimistic world. 这是关于中国的第三条重要经验。中国是一个乐观的国度。
  If you come here as a pessimist, you'll never understand China. 如果你作为一个悲观主义者来到这里,你根本不会了解中国。
  You need to be positive to understand China. 你需要变得积极,这样才能了解中国。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/453315.html