TED演讲:为生命的终结做好准备(2)(在线收听

   A plan involves answering  这个计划是能包含了回应的

  straightforward questions about the end you want.  直接了当关于你想如何结束的问题
  Where do you want to be when you're no longer independent?  如果你不能再独立,你希望自己在哪里?
  What do you want in terms of medical intervention?  你希望医疗保护的干预么?
  And who's going to make sure your plan is followed?  谁能让你的计划继续紧接着进行
  You will need advocates.  你需要顾问
  Having more than one increases your chance  拥有多个顾问增加了
  of getting the end you want.  你获得想要的结果的可能性
  Don't assume the natural choice is your spouse or child.  不要断然的说你的配偶和孩子是你最合适的选择
  You want someone who has the time and proximity  你需要的是一个有时间和亲近感的人
  to do this job well, and you want someone  如果你需要顺利的进行,你需要这样的人
  who can work with people under the pressure  那些可以与有压力的人一起工作的人
  of an ever-changing situation.  有着变化莫测的可能性
  Hospital readiness is critical.  医院随时准备就绪很重要
  You are likely to be headed to the emergency room,  你可能随时被带入急救室
  and you want to get this right.  而你也希望准确无误的做到这一点
  Prepare a one-page summary of your medical history,  所以,准备一页你的医疗病史
  medications and physician information.  药物治疗,和医生信息
  Put this in a really bright envelope  把这些放在一个很明显的信封里
  with copies of your insurance cards, your power of attorney,  并一同放入你的保险卡,和委托书
  and your do-not-resuscitate order.  与你不想要恢复的命令
  Have advocates keep a set in their car.  把这些留一份给你的顾问
  Tape a set to your refrigerator.  并把录像放入冰箱里
  When you show up in the E.R. with this packet,  当你出现在急诊室,带着这样的包裹
  your admission is streamlined in a material way.  你把许可用合法的文件合理化
  You're going to need caregivers.  你将需要看护人
  You'll need to assess your personality and financial situation  你需要评估你的人格和财政状况
  to determine whether an elder care community  去决定你是否需要养老社区
  or staying at home is your best choice.  或者呆在家里,是你最好的选择
  In either case, do not settle.  不管哪种情况,都不要定下来
  We went through a number of not-quite-right caregivers  我们看到过一些不太称职的看护
  before we found the perfect team  在我们找到最好的团队之前
  led by Marsha,  以Marcia领导的团队
  who won't let you win at bingo just because you're dying  我们不会因为你将死去就敷衍了事
  but will go out and take videos of your ranch for you  我们会将你所拥有的录成视频
  when you can't get out there,  当你如果不能离开疗养院
  and Caitlin, who won't let you skip your morning exercises  而Caitlin不过让你省略每天的晨练
  but knows when you need to hear  但是知道什么时候你想听到
  that your wife is in good hands.  你的妻子被照顾得很好
  Finally, last words.  最后,遗言
  What do you want to hear at the very end,  在生命的最后,你想听到什么
  and from whom would you like to hear it?  想听谁说这些
  In my experience, you'll want to hear  从我的经验来说,你想听到的
  that whatever you're worried about is going to be fine.  是那些你担心的事情,都会好起来
  When you believe it's okay to let go, you will.  当你真正的相信了,你就放下了,你会的
  So, this is a topic that normally inspires fear and denial.  所以,这是一个关于鼓励恐惧与否定的话题
  What I've learned  我学到的是
  is if we put some time into planning our end of life,  如果我们有计划的规划人生的最后
  we have the best chance of maintaining our quality of life.  我们会有最大的可能去维护我们生活的质量
  Here are Jim and Shirley just after deciding  这是Jim和 Shirley,当他们决定了之后
  who would take care of their ranch.  谁会照看他们的牧场
  Here's Jim just a few weeks before he died,  这是Jim死之前的几个星期
  celebrating a birthday he didn't expect to see.  意外的收获到了一个庆生会
  And here's Shirley just a few days before she died  这是Shirley,她离去前的几天
  being read an article in that day's paper  看到自己上了报纸
  about the significance of the wildlife refuge  关于野生动植物避难所的重要性
  at the Modini ranch.  在Modini牧场
  Jim and Shirley had a good end of life, Jim  和 Shirley有了很好的结束
  and by sharing their story with you,  在这里分享着他们的故事
  I hope to increase our chances of doing the same.  我希望能大家也能有同样美满的结点
  Thank you.  谢谢
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/kxp/453878.html