TED演讲:我为什么划船横渡太平洋(5)(在线收听

   So this might be a good moment to take a quick time-out to answer a few FAQs about ocean rowing that might be going through your mind. 现在也许正好可以利用一点时间来进行关于大洋横渡的一些问题的解答,当然,这些问题有可能就是你们想问的。

  Number one that I get asked: What do you eat? A few freeze-dried meals, but mostly I try and eat much more unprocessed foods. 第一个问题是:你都吃什么?有时候我会吃冷冻的干食,但大部分时间我都会尝试吃更多的未加工的食品。
  So I grow my own beansprouts. I eat fruits and nut bars, a lot of nuts.  我自己会种一些豆芽,我会吃水果和一些坚果块。我吃了许多的坚果。
  And generally arrive about 30 pounds lighter at the other end.  到达终点的时候,我大概瘦了30磅。
  Question number two: How do you sleep? With my eyes shut. Ha-ha. 问题2:你怎样睡觉?当然是把眼睛闭上了啊。哈哈。
  I suppose what you mean is: What happens to the boat while I'm sleeping?  我猜你们是想问,如果你睡着了,船会怎样?
  Well, I plan my route so that I'm drifting with the winds and the currents while I'm sleeping.  我周密地计划过路线,在我睡着的时候,我的船会随着风向和水流漂浮。
  On a good night, I think my best ever was 11 miles in the right direction.  有一晚,运气比较好,我朝着正确的方向漂了11英里。
  Worst ever, 13 miles in the wrong direction. That's a bad day at the office.  最差的一晚则向着错误的方向漂了13英里,那是工作中最糟糕的一天。
  What do I wear? Mostly, a baseball cap, rowing gloves and a smile 我穿什么衣服?我大部分的时候都会戴一顶棒球帽,一副划船手套,还有是面带微笑
  or a frown, depending on whether I went backwards overnight -- and lots of sun lotion. 或者是眉头紧锁,当然,这取决于夜里我的船有没有向反方向漂,我还擦了许多防晒霜。
  Do I have a chase boat? No I don't. I'm totally self-supporting out there. 是否有跟着我的船?当然没有。我在海上是完全靠自己的。
  I don't see anybody for the whole time that I'm at sea, generally.  总的来说,我在海上的时候,全程没见到任何人。
  And finally: Am I crazy? Well, I leave that one up to you to judge. 最后一个问题:我是不是疯了?这个问题嘛,我想留给大家来评论吧。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/455116.html