TED演讲:你为何不会成就伟业(1)(在线收听

   I want to discuss with you this afternoon why you're going to fail to have a great career. 今天下午我想和你们讨论一下你为什么不会成就伟业。

  I'm an economist. I do dismal. End of the day, it's ready for dismal remarks. 我是个经济学家。我让人心情低落。一天过完了,准备好听听让人心情低落的评论。
  I only want to talk to those of you who want a great career. 我只想和你们想要成就伟业的那些人谈。
  I know some of you have already decided you want a good career. You're going to fail, too. 我知道你们有些人已经决定了你们想要一个成功的事业。你们也会失败的。
  Because -- goodness, you're all cheery about failing. Canadian group, undoubtedly. 因为,天呐,你们听到失败都这么高兴。无疑是加拿大人。
  Those trying to have good careers are going to fail, because, really, good jobs are now disappearing. 想事业有成的人会失败,因为,真的,现在好工作都在消失。
  There are great jobs and great careers, 有好工作和好事业,
  and then there are the high-workload, high-stress, bloodsucking, soul-destroying kinds of jobs, and practically nothing in-between. 也有工作量大,压力大,吸食血液,侵蚀灵魂的那种工作,而且几乎没有工作能好点的。
  So people looking for good jobs are going to fail. 所以想找好工作的人会失败。
  I want to talk about those looking for great jobs, great careers, and why you're going to fail. 我想谈谈那些寻找伟业的人,你们为什么要寻找,为什么会失败。
  First reason is that no matter how many times people tell you, 第一个原因是不管多少次别人告诉你,
  "If you want a great career, you have to pursue your passion, you have to pursue your dreams, “如果你想成就伟业,你就必须追随你的热忱,你必须追随你的梦想,
  you have to pursue the greatest fascination in your life," you hear it again and again, and then you decide not to do it. 你必须追随你人生中最大的吸引,”你听过这句话一遍又一遍,然后你决定不去这样做。
  It doesn't matter how many times you download Steven J.'s Stanford commencement address, you still look at it and decide not to do it. 不管你下载多少次Steven J在斯坦福大学的开学演讲,你还是看看然后决定不去做。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/455353.html