TED演讲:怎样用科技改造人体?(1)(在线收听

   I call myself a body architect.  我自称为一名人体建筑师。

  I trained in classical ballet and have a background in architecture and fashion.  我学过古典芭蕾,也有建筑以及时尚的相关背景。
  As a body architect, I fascinate with the human body and explore how I can transform it. 作为一个人体建筑师,我真的十分痴迷于人的身体以及我怎样才能改造它。
  I worked at Philips Electronics in the far-future design research lab, looking 20 years into the future.  我现在就职于飞利浦电子公司的一个超前设计研究实验室,我们放眼于20年后的未来。
  I explored the human skin, and how technology can transform the body.  我探索过人的皮肤,以及怎样用科技改造身体。
  I worked on concepts like an electronic tattoo, which is augmented by touch, or dresses that blushed and shivered with light.  我也研究过只通过触摸就可以搞定的电子纹身,还有可以用光装饰甚至打上碎花的裙子。
  I started my own experiments. These were the low-tech approaches to the high-tech conversations I was having.  我还整了个实验。这是我用很没技术含量的玩意儿弄出的看着很有技术含量的设计。
  These are Q-tips stuck to my roommate with wig glue. 其实就是棉棒加上假发胶贴到我室友身上。
  I started a collaboration with a friend of mine, Bart Hess -- he doesn't normally look like this -- and we used ourselves as models.  我还跟我的朋友,巴特·赫斯合作过,他平常不是这样的——我们把自己当作模特。
  We transformed our apartments into our laboratories, and worked in a very spontaneous and immediate way.  我们把我们的公寓改造成了实验室,这样就能相当随意地随时实验我们的新想法。
  We were creating visual imagery provoking human evolution. 我们现在正在创作视觉图像来表现人类进化。
  Whilst I was at Philips, we discussed this idea of a maybe technology, something that wasn't either switched on or off, but in between.  同时,在飞利浦,我们正在讨论一个关于模糊科技的点子,我是说一种并不是很绝对的形态。
  A maybe that could take the form of a gas or a liquid.  一种可以以气态或液态为形式的可能性。
  And I became obsessed with this idea of blurring the perimeter of the body,  然后我就对把身体的边界模糊化着了迷,
  so you couldn't see where the skin ended and the near environment started.  在这种情况下,你无法知道皮肤与外界环境的具体分界线在哪里。
  I set up my studio in the red-light district and obsessively wrapped myself in plumbing tubing,  我还在红灯区建立了自己的工作室,然后不可抑制地用管子缠满了自己的身体,
  and found a way to redefine the skin and create this dynamic textile.  然后我发现这可以重新定义肌肤,并且也是一种动态的纺织品。
  I was introduced to Robyn, the Swedish pop star,  然后我被介绍给罗宾,一位瑞典的歌星,
  and she was also exploring how technology coexists with raw human emotion.  她也在探索着怎样使科技与我们的原始情感巧妙结合的方法。
  And she talked about how technology with these new feathers,  然后她跟我说了怎样用科技造就这些新型“羽毛”,
  this new face paint, this punk, the way that we identify with the world, and we made this music video. 这些面妆,这种朋克风,以及我们定义这个世界的方式,于是我们就做了这个MV。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/456074.html