TED演讲:用"云"建立一所学校(7)(在线收听

   The children came rushing, said, "What's all this?" 孩子们涌了过来问:“这些都是什么?”

  So I said, "It's very topical, very important. But it's all in English." 我说:“这些都是热门的,重要的东西。但都是英文写的。”
  So they said, "How can we understand such big English words and diagrams and chemistry?" 他们就说:“我们怎么可能懂这么多英语单词还有图表和化学?”
  So by now, I had developed a new pedagogical method, so I applied that.  那时候,我已经学会一种新的教育方法,于是我用了。
  I said, "I haven't the foggiest idea."  "And anyway, I am going away."  我说:“我一点儿都不知道。”“反正,我要走了。”
  So I left them for a couple of months. They'd got a zero. I gave them a test.  所以我离开他们几个月。我以为他们会得零分。我给他们作了一次测验。
  I came back after two months and the children trooped in and said, "We've understood nothing." 两个月之后我回去了,孩子们成群结队地跑来说:“我们什么都没搞明白。”
  "Well, what did I expect?"  “好吧,我能期望什么呢?”
  So I said, "Okay, but how long did it take you before you decided that you can't understand anything?" 我说:“但是你们花了多长时间得出的结论说你们什么都搞不懂呢?”
  So they said, "We haven't given up. We look at it every single day." 他们说:“我们还没放弃。我们每天都研究它。”
  So I said, "What? You don't understand these screens and you keep staring at it for two months? What for?" 我说:“什么?你们看不懂这些屏幕但你们还是盯着看了两个月?为什么?”
  So a little girl who you see just now, she raised her hand, and she says to me in broken Tamil and English, she said,  有个小姑娘,就是你们刚才看到的,她举起了手,用泰米尔语夹杂着蹩脚的英语说:
  "Well, apart from the fact that improper replication of the DNA molecule causes disease, we haven't understood anything else." “唔,除了不恰当的复制DNA分子会导致疾病,别的我们都不知道了。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/456087.html