TED演讲:用"云"建立一所学校(11)(在线收听

   It's been tried all over the world, and teachers sort of stand back and say, "It just happens by itself?" 在世界各地尝试过,老师们后退着说:“它就这么自己发生了?”

  And I said, "Yeah, it happens by itself.""How did you know that?" 我说:“是的,自己发生了。”“你怎么知道?”
  I said, "You won't believe the children who told me and where they're from." 我说:“你们不会相信是哪里的孩子告诉我的。”
  Here's a SOLE in action. 这是一个正在进行的自主学习活动。
  This one is in England. He maintains law and order, because remember, there's no teacher around. 这个活动在英格兰。他负责维持纪律和秩序,还记得吗,因为没有老师在场。
  The total number of electrons is not equal to the total number of protons-- Australia-- giving it a net positive or negative electrical charge.  电子的总量不等于质子——这是在澳大利亚——所给与电子的负电荷的净电荷量。
  The net charge on an ion is equal to the number of protons in the ion minus the number of electrons. 离子上的负电荷数量等于离子上质子的数量减去电子的数量。
  A decade ahead of her time. 比她的同龄人领先了10年。
  So SOLEs, I think we need a curriculum of big questions.  所以我们需要为重大课题提供全套课程,通过自主学习环境。
  You already heard about that. You know what that means.  你早就听说过了。你知道那是什么。
  There was a time when Stone Age men and women used to sit and look up at the sky and say, "What are those twinkling lights?"  在石器时代,男人们和女人们常坐着,看着天空说:“那些闪闪发光的是什么?”
  They built the first curriculum, but we've lost sight of those wondrous questions.  他们建立了最早的课程,而我们却已经忽略了那些奇妙的提问。
  We've brought it down to the tangent of an angle. But that's not sexy enough.  我们把这些冲撞叫正切。但这种说法不够令人兴奋。
  The way you would put it to a nine-year-old is to say,  要是面对一个九岁大的孩子,你该这么说:
  "If a meteorite was coming to hit the Earth, how would you figure out if it was going to or not?"  “如果一颗流星向地球撞过来,你怎么知道撞得到还是撞不到?”
  And if he says, "Well, what? how?" you say, "There's a magic word. It's called the tangent of an angle," and leave him alone. He'll figure it out. 假如他说:“哦,什么?怎么知道?”你说:“有一个神奇单词叫做——正切。”然后你留下他一个人。他自己会琢磨出来的。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/456281.html