TED演讲:改变荒漠现状,扭转气候变化(10)(在线收听

   Thank you. Thank you. I have, and I'm sure everyone here has, A) a hundred questions, B) wants to hug you.  谢谢。谢谢。我相信这里的每个人,包括我在内,都有好多问题想问,并且想要拥抱你一下。

  I'm just going to ask you one quick question.  我只问个简单问题。
  When you first start this and you bring in a flock of animals, it's desert.  当你开始这个实验的时候,把一大群动物引进来,但这是沙漠。
  What do they eat? How does that part work? How do you start? 他们吃什么?这个问题怎么解决的?你如何开始?
  Well, we have done this for a long time, and the only time we have ever had to provide any feed is during mine reclamation, where it's 100 percent bare.  我们已经做了很长时间,只有一次我们必须提供吃的是矿山复垦期间,那里是百分之百的没有任何植被。
  But many years ago, we took the worst land in Zimbabwe,  很多年前,我们得到一块津巴布韦最差的土地,
  where I offered a £5 note in a hundred-mile drive if somebody could find one grass in a hundred-mile drive,  当时我出5英镑打赌,没人能在一百英里的驾程范围内找到一根草,
  and on that, we trebled the stocking rate, the number of animals, in the first year with no feeding, just by the movement, mimicking nature,  在一百英里的驾程范围,我们把动物的数量增加了三倍,第一年没有提供食物,只靠迁徙,模仿自然,
  and using a sigmoid curve, that principle.  使用(统计学上的)S型曲线的原理。
  It's a little bit technical to explain here, but just that. 要解释清楚就要一些技术基础,总之就是这个样子。
  I would love to -- I mean, this such an interesting and important idea.  这是个有趣和重要的想法。
  The best people on our blog are going to come and talk to you and try and -- I want to get more on this that we could share along with the talk. 接下来我们最好博客记者会继续采访你,我想知道更多一点。我们可以一起分享。
  That is an astonishing talk, truly an astonishing talk,  这真是一个令人吃惊的演讲,真的令人吃惊,
  and I think you heard that we all are cheering you on your way.  你听到了我们的喝彩。非常感谢。
  Thank you so much. Well, thank you. Thank you. Thank you, Chris. 谢谢,谢谢,谢谢,谢谢,克里斯!
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/456300.html