欧美人文风情第83篇:你还拥有多少时间?(在线收听

 These are roughly 28,835 Jelly Beans. I counted out five hundred of them, 这些大约是28,835颗雷根糖。我数出其中五百颗,

and used those to weigh the rest. In this pile, there's one Jelly Bean for each day that the average American will live. 用那些去估测剩下的份量。在这一堆,一颗雷根糖代表一般美国人会过的每一天。
You might have more beans in your life, or maybe less, 在你的人生中也许会有更多颗糖,或也许更少,
but on average, this is the time we have. 但平均来说,这是我们拥有的时间。
Here's a single bean. It's your very first day. A special day, but kind of a rough day on everyone involved. 这是一颗糖。是你的第一天。特别的一天,但对其他参与者来说是有点难熬的一天。
Add 364 more and you have the first year of your life. 再加上364颗,你就有人生中的第一年。
Now for a sense of scale, here are your first fifteen years: 5,475 days, which brings us to the threshold of adulthood. 现在用比例的概念,这里是你第一个十五年:5,475天,那将我们带到成年期的门槛。
And at that moment, this is the time that we have left. 在这时候,这是我们所剩下的时间。而这是,
And this is, on average, what we will do with all that time: 平均来说,我们会用那所有时间做的事:
We'll be asleep for a total of 8,477 days. 我们会有总共8,477个日子是睡着的。
If we're lucky, some of that time we'll be sleeping next to someone we love. 如果我们很幸运,其中有些时间我们会睡在某个我们所爱的人旁边。
We'll be in the process of eating, drinking, or preparing food for 1,635 days. 我们会有1,635个日子是在吃、喝、或是准备食物的过程中。
We'll be at work, hopefully doing something satisfying for the equivalent of 3,202 of those days. 我们会有相当于3,202个那些日子,是在工作中,希望是做一些令人满意的事。
1,099 days will be spent commuting or travelling from one place to another, 1,099天会被用在通勤或从一个地方旅行到另一处,
maybe a little bit more if you live in LA. 可能会多一点点,如果你住在洛杉矶的话。
On average we'll watch television in one form or another for a total of 2,676 days. 平均来看我们会有总共2,676个日子,是以一种或是其他形式看电视。
Household activities, like chores and tending to our pets and shopping will take another 1,576 days. 家务活动,像是家事和照顾我们的宠物以及购物会佔去另外1,576个日子。
And we'll care for the needs and well-being of others, our friends and family, for 564 days. 我们会有564天,是在照顾其他人──我们的朋友及家人的需求和健康。
We'll spend 671 days bathing, grooming, and doing all other bathroom related activities. 我们会花671天在洗澡、打扮和做所有其他与浴室相关的活动。
And another 720 days will go to community activities like religious and civic duties, charities, and taking classes. 另外的720天会花在社区活动,像是宗教及公民义务、慈善活动、和上课。
After we remove all those beans, this is what remains. 在我们移除所有这些糖之后,这是剩下的东西。
This is the time that we have left. Time for laughing,swimming, making art, going on hikes, text messages, 这是我们剩下的时间。用来笑、游泳、创作艺术、健行、传简讯、
reading, checking facebook, playing softball, 阅读、查看脸书、打垒球、
maybe even teaching yourself how to play the guitar. 也许甚至教你自己怎么弹吉他的时间。
So what are you gonna do with this time? 所以你要用这个时间做什么?
How much of it do you think you've already used up? 你觉得你已经用掉其中多少了?
If you only had half of it, what would you do differently? What about half of that? 如果你只有它的一半,你会做什么不一样的事?那再一半呢?
How much time have you already spent worrying instead of doing something that you love? 你已经花了多少时间去担心而不是去做某件你喜爱的事?
What if you just had one more day? What are you gonna do today? 如果你只有再多一天呢?你今天要做什么?
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/465511.html