欧美人文风情第190篇:同理心的力量 毛虫哥与蜗牛姐的故事(在线收听

 In the garden, there's a caterpillar and a snail, and they're basically best friends.  花园里,有一只毛毛虫和一只蜗牛,它们基本上算最好的麻吉。

They hang out 24/7. They do dinner, movie nights, crafts, oh, and they're, like, really into cosplay on top of,  它们二十四小时都混在一起。它们一起吃晚餐、看电影、做手工艺 ,噢,而且它们真的很迷角色扮演,
like, whatever else caterpillars and snails do, like, eat leaves or something. 除了其它毛毛虫和蜗牛都会做的事之外,像是,吃树叶还是什么的。
Anyways, one day they're on their way to a party that's right outside the garden,  总之,有一天它们在前往花园外的派对的路上,
and they have to go through the fence to get there.  而它们得穿过围篱才能到那。
So the caterpillar goes right through, but the snail is stuck.  毛毛虫直接过去,但蜗牛卡住了。
Her shell is just too big and it won't fit under the wire, so she's like, 她的壳太大,那穿不过铁网下面,所以她就像这样说:
"Crap! I can't get through! Maybe, like, can you lift up the wire, or maybe we can build a little bridge or something?"  “糟糕!我过不去!或许,你可以抬起铁丝网,或是我们也许可以建个小桥还是什么的?”
And the caterpillar's like, "Dude, just go under." But she can't. There's just no way that the shell is gonna fit. 毛毛虫这样回答:“好哥儿们,从底下过去就是了。”但蜗牛她没办法。那壳根本不可能过得去。
And the caterpillar's like, "Go under, come on. We're gonna be late, and I'm trying to hook up with that super cute ladybug."  毛毛虫就像这样说:“从底下过,快啊。我们要迟到了,我可是要试着把那只超可爱的瓢虫耶。”
But it's not happening.  但蜗牛过不去。
The shell will not fit under the wire,  壳没办法从铁丝网下过去,
and at this point, Snail's getting kinda frustrated because it's not like she doesn't wanna go to the party,  此刻,蜗牛感到有点挫败,因为又不是说她不想要去派对,
but for some reason, Caterpillar just isn't getting it. 但因为某种原因,毛毛虫就是无法理解。
"Yeah...it's not that easy for me.  “是啊...这对我来说没那么容易。
I just can't crawl under the fence like you can, so I would really appreciate your help here.  我就是没办法像你那样从围篱底下爬过去,所以我会非常感谢你此时此地的帮忙。
Maybe we can, like, go a different way, or the..."  或许我们可以,像是,走别条路,或者...”
And this just, like, sets the caterpillar off. 然后这就把毛毛虫惹火了。
"What the heck! Just because I can crawl under stuff doesn't mean that I have it easy.  “搞什么!只因为我可以从那玩意底下爬过去不代表对我来说就很容易。
Do you even know what it's like to have 16 feet?!  你知道有 16 只脚是怎样吗?!
You don't, because finding shoes is a complete nightmare." 你不知道,因为找鞋子是场全然的噩梦。”
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, I'm not saying you have it easy.  “哇、哇、哇...我不是说对你来讲很容易。
I'm just saying I can't go under the fence because of my shell, that's it.  我只是说,因为我的壳的关系,我没办法从围篱底下过去,就这样。
I have a shell and you don't, and there's some stuff that's easier for you that's harder for me,  我有壳而你没有,有些对你来说比较容易的事对我来说比较困难,
just like, I don't know jack about finding shoes because I don't have feet!" 就像是,我压根不了解找鞋子这回事,因为我没有脚!”
Caterpillar thinks about this for a second and realizes the snail is right.  毛毛虫想了会,发现蜗牛是对的。
I mean, he's never had to think about shells or slimy trails,  我是说,他从来不用考虑壳或是黏答答的足迹,
and that's a privilege that the snail has never had because she has to think about that stuff all the time.  但那是蜗牛从未享有的特权,因为她必须时时刻刻想着那玩意。
That's part of being a snail. And it's kind of like that for everyone, right? 那是当一只蜗牛的一部分。而对大家来说都有点像那样,对吧?
I mean, we all have our own struggles and challenges,  我是说,我们都有我们自己的挣扎和挑战,
and some of them are small, and some of them are huge and really unfair and beyond our control.  那些事有些微不足道,有些则很庞大、且非常不公平、又超出我们的控制。
And a lot of the time, it can be hard to see what someone else deals with because you've never been in their shoes...or shell.  很多时候,可能很难看见别人面临的困难,因为你从未处在他们的立场...或壳里。
I mean, like, maybe you're gay, or trans, have a disability, or different religion, or,  我是说,像是,可能你是同性恋,或跨性别者,有缺陷,或有不同的宗教信仰,或者,
of course, the obvious one, you're a member of a different race. 当然,很显然的那一个,你是属于不同种族的一员。
I don't know what it's like to be you, and you don't know what it's like to be me.  我不知道身为你是怎样,而你也不知道身为我是怎样。
So it's really important to stop and try and see the other side so we can help each other overcome those obstacles together.  所以停下来并试着看另一面是非常重要的,这样我们才可以同心协力帮助彼此克服那些困难。
It's like sometimes you're the snail, and sometimes you're the caterpillar. 这就像有时候你是那只蜗牛,但有时候你是那只毛毛虫。
Oh yeah, okay so, then the snail and the caterpillar figured out that if they went to the other side of the garden,  没错,好啦所以,接着蜗牛和毛毛虫想到,如果它们去花园的另一边,
they could get through a little break in the fence.  它们就可以从围篱的小缝隙穿过去。
And while it took a little longer to get to the party, they did the trip together, which is what made it so great.  虽然花了比较多时间才到派对,但它们一起完成这旅程,那就是让这旅程如此美好的事物。
So they got to the party. The caterpillar hooked up with the little ladybug.  所以它们抵达派对。毛毛虫和小瓢虫调情。
Snail taught everyone how to do the Wobble, and the party was everything. 蜗牛教所有人跳摇摆舞,派对棒呆了。
The End 结束
This video is illustrated by the very talented and lovely Kat Blaque,  这部影片是由才华洋溢又可爱的 Kat Blaque 绘制,
and written and narrated by yours truly, Chescaleigh.  由你真挚的 Chescaleigh 写下以及配旁白。
Please check out Kat's channel and don't forget to subscribe. Byeee! 请看看 Kat 的频道,还有别忘了订阅喔。掰掰!
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/465798.html