欧美人文风情第258篇:连狮子都知道简单的生活充电法(在线收听

 A lot of people come to me and ask, "How do I restore my excitement, my passion, my energy for life? 很多人来找我然后问:「我要如何恢复我的冲劲、我的热情,我对生活的动力?

I'm feeling so uninspired and listless." 我觉得好无聊又提不起劲。」
My answer more often than not is that in our culture, 我的答案多半是,在我们的文化中,
we, sort of, really focus on achievement and excitement and being up and getting things done; 我们非常重视成就和兴奋感跟积极正向,以及达成使命;
we don't focus much on the complement of that, which is rest. 我们不太注重那的互补面,也就是休息。
Very, very often if you don't know what way you're supposed to go in your life, what you're really supposed to do is rest for a while. 很多时候,如果你不知道人生的下一步该往哪走,那你真正该做的是休息一阵子。
It's that simple-every animal knows it. 就是那么简单--所有动物都明白。
I was just, uh, recently in Africa. And I watched some lions come back from hunting. 我最近在非洲。我看见几只狮子狩猎完回来。
And they, sort of, threw themselves on the ground. 它们躺到地上。
And they rolled over on their backs, and they started purring so loudly that it was like tractor engines. 它们滚啊滚,接着开始发出呼噜声,那声音大到像拖拉机的引擎声。
And my friend who was with me looked at me and he said, "You know what? Lions rest like they mean it." 和我在一起的朋友看着我然后说:「你知道吗?狮子们可是很认真在休息。」
And I thought, You know, we don't rest like we mean it. 我心想,你知道吗,人们的休息不像是认真在休息。
We don't just let ourselves totally relax and let go of all need to achieve during the period of relaxation-we never turn off the lights. 我们不会让自己完全放松,也不会在休闲时抛开所有待办事项--我们从未关上灯完全放松。
So what I found with myself and my clients is if I ask them, "How old do you feel?" 所以我在自己和客户身上发现,如果我问他们:「你觉得自己几岁?」
and they say they feel older than their actual chronological age, 而他们回答觉得自己比实际年龄还要老时,
they almost always just need a period of physical rest, and also psychological rest. 他们几乎都只是需要让身体休息一段时间,还有心理上的休息。
So, if you're feeling uninspired, stop trying to do anything. Do nothing for a while. 所以,如果你感到兴致缺缺,不要再试着做任何事。
Roll over on your back and purr, until you feel like getting up again. Don't worry-rest restores. 什么都不做一阵子。躺着滚一滚然后打呼噜,直到你想再站起来为止。
And as you rest, as you come to the end of the resting period, you'll feel a surge of energy. 别担心--休息能恢复力量。当你休息时,当你休息到最后时,你会感到有股力量涌现。
So I like to say that life is a balanced, sort of, interplay between rest and play. 所以我喜欢说生活有点是在休息与玩乐间的平衡相互作用。
Play is when we reach outward for power through activity, and rest is when we reach inward for power through peace. 玩乐是当我们透过活动向外寻求力量时,而休息则是我们透过心灵平静向内寻求力量。
Both are powerful actions, and they're both necessary, but we ignore peace and rest to our detriment. 两者都是很有效的行动,而且都不可或缺,不过我们忽视心灵平静与休息,造成自己的伤害。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/465974.html