乔布斯传 第496期:连点成线(7)(在线收听

 The beauty of this realization was that there was only one company that was well-positioned to provide such an integrated approach. 这个方案的绝妙之处在于,苹果是唯一一家提供这种整合方案的公司。

Microsoft wrote software, Dell and Compaq made hardware, 微软做软件,戴尔和康柏做硬件,
Sony produced a lot of digital devices, Adobe developed a lot of applications. 索尼生产数字设备,Adobe开发应用程序。
But only Apple did all of these things. 但是只有苹果把这些整合到了一起。
"We're the only company that owns the whole widget -- the hardware, the software and the operating system," he explained to Time. 乔布斯在接受《时代》杂志釆访时说:“我们是唯一一家掌握全部设备的公司--硬件、软件、操作系统。
"We can take full responsibility for the user experience. We can do things that the other guys can't do." 我们能够为用户体验负全部的责任。我们能做到其他公司做不到的事情。”
Apple's first integrated foray into the digital hub strategy was video. 苹果在数字中枢战略中的第一个突破是对视频的整合。
With FireWire, you could get your video onto your Mac, and with iMovie you could edit it into a masterpiece. 你可以用火线把视频传到苹果机上,然后通过iMovie编辑成一个作品。
Then what? You'd want to burn some DVDs so you and your friends could watch it on a TV. 然后呢?你还可以把作品刻录进一些DVD里,这样你和你的朋友就能在电视上欣赏。
"So we spent alot of time working with the drive manufacturers to get a consumer drive that could burn a DVD," he said. 他说,“所以我们花了很多时间和光驱制造商进行合作,以给用户生产出能刻录DVD的光驱。
"We were the first to ever ship that." 我们是第一个这样做的公司。”
As usual Jobs focused on making the product as simple as possible for the user, and this was the key to its success. 和往常一样,乔布斯格外关注为用户制造出尽可能简单的产品,这也是成功的关键。
Mike Evangelist, who worked at Apple on software design, recalled demonstrating to Jobs an early version of the interface. 迈克·埃万杰利斯特负责软件设计,他回忆起当初为乔布斯展示早期版本的用户界面时的情景。
After looking at a bunch of screenshots, Jobs jumped up, grabbed a marker, and drew a simple rectangle on a whiteboard. 在看了一些界面截屏图之后,乔布斯跳起来,抓起一支记号笔,在白板上画了一个简单的长方形。
"Here's the new application," he said. "It's got one window. You drag your video into the window. 他说:“这是新的应用程序。它有一个窗口,你把视频拖拽进这个窗口。
Then you click the button that says 'Burn.' That's it. That's what we're going to make." 然后按下‘刻录’按钮。就这么简单。这就是我们现在要做的。”
Evangelist was dumbfounded, but it led to the simplicity of what became iDVD. 埃万杰利斯特目瞪口呆,然而这一想法却为iDVD的简便功能奠定了基础。
Jobs even helped design the "Burn" button icon. 乔布斯甚至还帮助设计了“刻录”按钮的图标。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qbsz/467319.html